Prospect Info: 2019 Lightning Development Camp (June 25th - 29th)

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Back at dev camp. Group A is practicing one on one drills in front of a goalie while Barb works with an individual skater along the side. Lots more people watching, of course.

It's cool to see how Barb will video the skater's strides/movement then show them exactly what she's talking about.

Edited to add: Groulx is here on the ice. Didn't see him out there yesterday. Between practices right now. After zamboni is done Group B will take the ice.

Last edited:

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Barb is a goddess.... Thanks for the updates TCF! You're amazing honey

Aw, thanks. It's so much fun to watch all the baby Bolts! I'm just fortunate to be off work in the summer so I can be here. :DD

Barb is so fricking amazing and so incredibly respected by the players and coaches. It's funny to see her working with Sosunov who is almost twice her size. They have a great working relationship and he appears to take her every word to heart. She's tiny but mighty. :cool:

Will post more general observations on oiur new draftees after the 3 on 3. Time for the BEST part of Camp!!
:popcorn:

Reactions: AlwaysSunnyInTampa

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Team Esposito sees how much it takes to win the Development Camp championship and will take this with them into next year's tournament.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
How did they look? Thought it was starting right now so I managed to miss the whole thing.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
A few pics I took at Dev Camp, broken into two posts because I think the limit on images/post is 3.

First: Barb Underhill working with one of the groups.
2019BoltsDevCamp_Barb.jpg

Barb specifically worked with a few players individually, including Foote.
2019BoltsDevCamp_BarbFoote.jpg

A Benoit Groulx sighting!
2019BoltsDevCamp_Groulx.jpg

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Any Drake Berehowsky sightings? Outside of seeing a few guys in person, I don't see much of a purpose, but it is only an hour and a half away from Orlando.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
A few rambling thoughts from Development Camp :DD

Disclaimer: I'm just a middle-aged fan who's not an expert in anything hockey related except maybe some of the physics behind the game. ;) Other HP posters know much more than I about our baby Bolts, so this is just some thoughts/musings from watching the last two days of Dev Camp. Didn't have time to watch all the prospects, so will only focus on our new kids and a few others that stood out.

NEW BOLTS
Round 1 | 27th overall - LW Nolan Foote
Amazing hands, sniper shot, great vision. Not the most fluid/fast skater. At All. But Barb can fix that. :cool:

Round 3 | 71st overall (from VAN) - G Hugo Alnefelt :heart:
Excellent showing! Very calm in net. Controlled movements with hardly any flailing about like many young goalies will. Good lateral motion. Superb glove hand. Needs work on puck handling. He and Chrona were the best goalies this tournament.

Round 3 | 89th overall - RW Maxim Cajkovic
Great skating and a sneaky passer with great moves and serious hustle. Could use a few more sandwiches on his frame.

Round 4 | 120th overall - D Maxwell Crozier
Good smooth skating, nice aggressive coverage during 1 on 1 battle drills. Uses stick well for defense.

Round 6 | 182nd overall - D Quinn Schmiemann
Very similar to Crozier. Maybe a touch more offensive instincts, but it's hard to tell during a 3 on 3 tournament.

Round 7 | 198th overall (from CHI) - LW Mikhail Shalagin
Good skater. Wicked fast release and a great, sneaky shot and smooth hands. Didn't see any 'hustle' issues at all.

Round 7 | 213th overall - LW McKade Webster
Biggest surprise of the newbies for me. Excellent skater. Had great chemistry with Walker during the 3 on 3. Might just be another awesome late round gem in the Prime Years Palat style.

OTHERS - just the ones I really noticed

Forwards: Walker continues to impress. He and Somppi were probably the best forwards at Camp. Both have much more solid frames than before. Not as easy to push off the puck. Guttman is still a relentless little skilled bulldog out there! The sole forward invitee - Zummack - was actually pretty impressive! Some nice passing in particular. The other forwards were fine but didn't really stick out that much other than the occasional nice play/shot/goal.

Defensemen: Salda and Perbix were the most dominant, skilled defensemen out there. Salda has some seriously good skating and great offensive instincts. Zuhlsdorf was a pretty good skater with some good defensive instincts. Didn't really notice Green or the two D invitees (Crevier and Dersch) that much, but they didn't stick out in a bad way either. Sosunov has made HUGE improvements in his skating/movement in general. He no longer looks like a giraffe on roller skates, but a young man who is much more in control of his body. Thanks, Barb!!

Goalies: Chrona was excellent but needs some serious rebound work. Still probably best after Alnefelt. Taylor and Oldham were okay. Invitee Greenfield was also just okay, but invitee Windsor put on a nice show during shootout practice. Got some decent skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad