Prospect Info: 2019 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #6

Prospect Ranking #5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Voted SDA here. I really like his skillset and I think he has the highest potential out of the others.

I feel like a lot of people are doubting his abilities due to an average season on a lackluster team.

Add Loponen and Holmberg

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
What is NHLe? And what does 61 mean? Is that like projected NHL points at 61?

NHLe is an equivalency formula designed to give us an idea of how a player would perform at the NHL level using counting numbers (points). Each major NHL feeder league has it's own NHLe value, which is based on a series of calculations done by Manny Elk (Corsica). NHLe is also a nice way to compare counting numbers between players in different leagues.

Aka, estimated how his points would transfer over a 82 game season.

Essentially his NHLe shows him to be a 1st line player. But thats assuming he transfers over no problem, plays 1st line, and 1st PP (none of which will happen). It's just a formula that shows how well a guy *should* transfer over.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Voted SDA here. I really like his skillset and I think he has the highest potential out of the others.

I feel like a lot of people are doubting his abilities due to an average season on a lackluster team.

Add Loponen and Holmberg
Totally agree. Very well stated. The best prospects are the ones with the most raw talent and exceptional skill. We got Sandin, Bracco and SDA. Those guys all have it in spades. Maybe none of them ever make it because you have got to have GAME in the end but at this stage those would be the 3 guys plus the 2 goalies I would not trade. Everyone else could go if the price was right.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Totally agree. Very well stated. The best prospects are the ones with the most raw talent and exceptional skill. We got Sandin, Bracco and SDA. Those guys all have it in spades. Maybe none of them ever make it because you have got to have GAME in the end but at this stage those would be the 3 guys plus the 2 goalies I would not trade. Everyone else could go if the price was right.

But a prospect is defined different by every person, whether it's "Readiness", "Skillset", "Grit", "Size", "IQ", "Ceiling", "Floor", "Age", etc. Just because someone sees SDA's skill and thinks "wow if he hits he could be a 1st liner" doesn't mean he's a better prospect than a guy like Korshkov (not that I'm saying he is) because Korshkov's floor, grit, size, and readiness are all much better than a guy like SDA. Also, doesn't mean he's more valuable to the team, or to another.

I wouldn't hesitate trading Bracco, SDA, or the goalies if we're getting something we need back that would be better for us going forward. The only prospects that should be basically untouchable at this point are Sandin and Liljegren.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
But a prospect is defined different by every person, whether it's "Readiness", "Skillset", "Grit", "Size", "IQ", "Ceiling", "Floor", "Age", etc. Just because someone sees SDA's skill and thinks "wow if he hits he could be a 1st liner" doesn't mean he's a better prospect than a guy like Korshkov (not that I'm saying he is) because Korshkov's floor, grit, size, and readiness are all much better than a guy like SDA. Also, doesn't mean he's more valuable to the team, or to another.

I wouldn't hesitate trading Bracco, SDA, or the goalies if we're getting something we need back that would be better for us going forward. The only prospects that should be basically untouchable at this point are Sandin and Liljegren.
Agree everyone defines it differently which is why hockey is so great a game and can be debated til the cows come home. My thinking is you can't teach someone to skate like Orr. You can't teach someone to have Lafleur's hands/touch. You can't put Gretz hockey brain in someone else.
Yes you can develop and improve things but elite skill is innate. When you watch Sandin (skating), SDA (hands) and Bracco (vision) it is top end elite. None of the other guys have that elite top end skill. They may turn out to be better more productive players.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00