Prospect Info: 2019 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #5

Prospect Ranking #5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
It looks fine, especially considering the Leafs have arguably the best young core in the NHL

In the coming years we are going to need good players on elc to fill in holes when we dont have the cap. Especially with how top heavy our team is.

After the top 3 plus woll or Scott it's looking very thin

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
For anyone intrested, or with an account The Athletic released their Leaf prospect rankings earlier today. Some surprises for me were...

Mikko Kokkonen at #4

Hollowell and Duszak at #7 and #8 respectively.

Korshkov at #16

For what it's worth, they do not consider Brazeau a prospect, but said if he were signed to an ELC, would come in around #10.

Its funny, between 3-20 there could be a lot of debate. But that kind of goes to show how deep we are with prospects right now. We might be lacking in top-end talent, but we've got real solid depth. If 5 or 6 of these guys end up making the NHL, we're golden.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I think Brazeau will make it as a 3rd or 4th liner in next 2 years. Bracco is either a 1st liner or bust. There is no comparison on vision and skill between the 2. It is only a question of Bracco improving his up ice down ice game by getting stronger so he can get up and down the ice faster.

I don't see 1st line potential with Bracco TBH, and I think Brazeau has top 6 potential for sure.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Uhhh you have Brazeau as #6 even though he doesn't have an ELC and is technically not even a Leafs prospect?

Even if he was signed he'd be on the 20's at best right now. He may not even be on the Marlies next year.

I know I'm quoting you twice, but Brazeau is "more of a prospect" than any college guy IMO.

Abbrruzzese and Koster can play all 4 years of NCAA and are then essentially free to sign with whomever they want.

If Brazeau were to sign any ELC contract, the Leafs get the first chance to match.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Not sure all fans were around to remember being throw raw chicken on their dinner plate in the `80's, but I'm personally elated to see the organization taking time developing players.

Reactions: Lauro

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
What have any of them proven? Or do you have Moore/Borgman 1 and 2 since they are the only ones that have played at the NHL level?

I feel he's gotta have more of a track record before he passes moore, Scott, Woll, Hollowell, etc.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
In regards to our goalies, The Athletic (again take it for what it's worth) ranked Woll at #6 and Scott at #9.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I feel he's gotta have more of a track record before he passes moore, Scott, Woll, Hollowell, etc.

Does that truly matter? Where did you have Sandin ranked last year? Or Liljegren the year before?

Not all development is linear, there's a lot of projection at this point for players like Robertson, where we pretty much know what we have in Moore.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Does that truly matter? Where did you have Sandin ranked last year? Or Liljegren the year before?

Not all development linear, there's a lot of projection at this point for players like Robertson, where we pretty much know what we have in Moore.

It doesn't matter in general, just suprising that he's already jumped over so many guys when in 6 months he could look like SDA did last year

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
Prospect cupboard not looking to full anymore. Oh well, our team is still young, and Dubas is good at getting good value from his picks. Let's hope next draft we retain our 1st & 2nd round picks. We'll need to restock our bottom group with guys on ELCs eventually.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I don't see 1st line potential with Bracco TBH, and I think Brazeau has top 6 potential for sure.
I said if he improves his leg strength and can increase his up/down speed on ice in transition then he can get there. Right now he has more hockey sense, vision and skill then almost everyone on team today. He only lacks straight away speed. Believe me I have seen it live for many many years he can out turl Mitch in a phone booth pretty easily. and they both have an uncanny ability to read and make plays before others can see what is going on.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
For anyone intrested, or with an account The Athletic released their Leaf prospect rankings earlier today. Some surprises for me were...

Mikko Kokkonen at #4

Hollowell and Duszak at #7 and #8 respectively.

Korshkov at #16

For what it's worth, they do not consider Brazeau a prospect, but said if he were signed to an ELC, would come in around #10.
Good read, might have to change my vote to Kokkonen.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
In the coming years we are going to need good players on elc to fill in holes when we dont have the cap. Especially with how top heavy our team is.

Every team's prospect pool looks questionable after the top 5.

Reactions: supermann_98

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

In top end talent I agree but our top end talent is all signed for the next 5-6 years (minus the D) so we’d be looking for inexpensive guys to step into the role positions which I firmly believe these guys will fill.

Lindgren and Marchment in particular will be useful pieces I believe, even though they may not be stars they can be solid contributors

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad