Prospect Ranking #5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards for I think my 10th straight year. The criteria for a prospect will be loosely based on Calder eligibility. There may be a couple that slip through the cracks the first few posts because I am not perfect. Also please let me know if I have someone listed that is no longer with us, or any omissions. Comprehensive prospect lists are a little harder to find than you'd think this time of year.

Rankings:

1. Rasmus Sandin -- 68.3%
2. Timothy Liljegren -- 87.4%
3. Jeremy Bracco -- 60.7%
4. Nicholas Robertson -- 40.5%

Mac Hollowell
Jesper Lindgren
Dmytro Timashov
Yegor Korshkov
Ian Scott
Joseph Woll
Filip Kral
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev
Eemeli Rasanen
Pierre Engvall
Trevor Moore
Justin Brazeau
Mikko Kokkonen
Ilya Mikheyev
Mason Marchment

Dakota Joshua
Martins Dzierkals
Kasimir Kaskisuo
JD Greenway
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladimir Bobylev
Vladislav Kara
Ryan O'Connell
Riley Stotts
Adam Brooks
Pontus Holmberg
Zach Bouthillier
Semyon Kizimov
Miro Aaltonen
Joe Duszak
Aaron Luchuk
Mikhail Abramov
Nick Abruzzese
Teemu Kivihalme
Michael Koster
Calle Loponen

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4

Suggest who I should add next. :D

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
We pillaged that pool and have traded 2 first rounders. When we blow up where are the replacements?

Last edited:

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Does Nic Robertson project higher than Bracco? He does have a very good shot.

Reactions: MyBudJT

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I’m high on Arguchentev, he will take time, but will become a solid NHLer
So am I. I think we have 5 guys who can be 1st liners in the NHL in time. maybe even 5 years from now. sandin, lily, bracco, arguchentev and woll. this is based on raw talent not any scoring or performance metrics. not to take anything away from anyone else because we have a great system now. I am only talking about guys who MAY have elite nhl impact. Clearly Moore is there now. and other guys are closer to being there. But i look at prospects as guys who have the potential to move the needle in the nhl and having 5 guys like that is very impressive. brazeau is very impressive but he is much closer but i don't see him having any chance to be a 1st liner with Leafs.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
We pillaged that pool and have traded 2 first rounders. When we blow up whare the replacements?

Realistically we need we won't need any top 9 forwards for the next 3 years (maybe 1 to replace hyman), and even then they're 3rd line /F3 types.

On defense we have 2 near blue chip guys and a solid 2nd wave of low upside filler and boom/bust B type prospects.

The core is in place, and in the short term so is a lot of the surrounding talent.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
My List off the top of my head (Subject to changes)

1) Liljegren
2) Sandin
3) Robertson
4) Mikheyev
5) Woll
6) Brazeau
7) Scott
8) Moore
9) Kivihalme
10) Bracco
11) Kokkonen
12) Korshkov
13) Der-Argunchesov
14) Duszak
15) Stotts
16) Abramov
17) Marchment
18) Hollowell
19) Kizimov
20) Rasanen
21) Kara
22) Engvall
23) Timashov
24) Koster
25) Brooks
26) Lindgren
27) Kral
28) Holmberg
29) Chebykin
30) Abruzzese
31) Lopenen

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
So am I. I think we have 5 guys who can be 1st liners in the NHL in time. maybe even 5 years from now. sandin, lily, bracco, arguchentev and woll. this is based on raw talent not any scoring or performance metrics. not to take anything away from anyone else because we have a great system now. I am only talking about guys who MAY have elite nhl impact. Clearly Moore is there now. and other guys are closer to being there. But i look at prospects as guys who have the potential to move the needle in the nhl and having 5 guys like that is very impressive. brazeau is very impressive but he is much closer but i don't see him having any chance to be a 1st liner with Leafs.
Pretty crazy that we have so much talent in the pipeline with the team we currently have. Definitely not something I am used to.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
We pillaged that pool and have traded 2 first rounders. When we blow up whare the replacements?
You have to ask yourself to name 3 other teams who have 5 guys who have the raw talent to be NHL 1st liners. There are not many. We are in great shape. and we have another 5 guys who are really close to being 3rd and 4th liners. there is no issue with our system to replenish over next 5 years. what you are talking about is after 2024. and quite frankly who cares. every good team has periods where they have weaker fill ins. and who knows if Dubie can flip guys into 1st rounders in next couple years. he might. look at what he just did. no one would believe it a week ago.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

1) Liljegren
2) Sandin
3) Robertson
4) Mikheyev
5) Woll
6) Brazeau
7) Scott
8) Moore
9) Kivihalme
10) Bracco
11) Kokkonen
12) Korshkov
13) Der-Argunchesov
14) Duszak
15) Stotts
16) Abramov
17) Marchment
18) Hollowell
19) Kizimov
20) Rasanen
21) Kara
22) Engvall
23) Timashov
24) Koster
25) Brooks
26) Lindgren
27) Kral
28) Holmberg
29) Chebykin
30) Abruzzese
31) Lopenen

Some odd choices.

Bracco at 10? Should be at least Top 5.

Brazeau at 6? Might be Top 15-20.

Lindgren at 26? He's pushing Top 10 for me.

Same for Brooks at 25, he's Top 15 for me.

Others as well. I applaud the effort as I'm much to lazy to put together a list, so I just sit back and critique like a sloth!

Reactions: MyBudJT

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

1) Liljegren
2) Sandin
3) Robertson
4) Mikheyev
5) Woll
6) Brazeau
7) Scott
8) Moore
9) Kivihalme
10) Bracco
11) Kokkonen
12) Korshkov
13) Der-Argunchesov
14) Duszak
15) Stotts
16) Abramov
17) Marchment
18) Hollowell
19) Kizimov
20) Rasanen
21) Kara
22) Engvall
23) Timashov
24) Koster
25) Brooks
26) Lindgren
27) Kral
28) Holmberg
29) Chebykin
30) Abruzzese
31) Lopenen

Uhhh you have Brazeau as #6 even though he doesn't have an ELC and is technically not even a Leafs prospect?

Even if he was signed he'd be on the 20's at best right now. He may not even be on the Marlies next year.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Wow our pool is starting to look weak! I'd say we are bottom 10 in the league and it will only get worse with no 1st round picks next year.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Fine with the top 4

Next 6 (order debatable)
Moore/Mikheyev/Woll/Scott/SDA/Kokkonen

Ten After that (no order)
Stotts/Holmberg/Abramov/Brooks/Korshkov/Hollowell/Lindgren/Rasanen/Kral/Kivihalme

Reactions: Maplebeasts

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Uhhh you have Brazeau as #6 even though he doesn't have an ELC and is technically not even a Leafs prospect?

Even if he was signed he'd be on the 20's at best right now. He may not even be on the Marlies next year.

I think you’re sleeping on Brazeau then! ;) ELC or not, he will get one with us. This is a kid that scored 60 goals with little support around him. His game has improved steadily as he is growing into his body. And prior to the last year or two, hasn’t really had any formal hockey development training. Just imagine what a year or two with our development team can do for Brazeau. If I were to pick now, I think Brazeau has a better chance of being an effective NHLer than Bracco.

Last edited:

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I think you’re sleeping on Brazeau then! ;) ELC or not, he will get one with us. This is a kid that scored 60 goals with little support around him. His game has improved steadily as he is growing into his body. And prior to the last year or two, hasn’t really had any formal hockey development training. Just imagine what a year or two with out development team can do for Brazeau. If I were to pick now, I think Brazeau has a better chance of being an effective NHLer than Bracco.
I think Brazeau will make it as a 3rd or 4th liner in next 2 years. Bracco is either a 1st liner or bust. There is no comparison on vision and skill between the 2. It is only a question of Bracco improving his up ice down ice game by getting stronger so he can get up and down the ice faster.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
For anyone intrested, or with an account The Athletic released their Leaf prospect rankings earlier today. Some surprises for me were...

Mikko Kokkonen at #4

Hollowell and Duszak at #7 and #8 respectively.

Korshkov at #16

For what it's worth, they do not consider Brazeau a prospect, but said if he were signed to an ELC, would come in around #10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad