Prospect Ranking #4

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards for I think my 10th straight year. The criteria for a prospect will be loosely based on Calder eligibility. There may be a couple that slip through the cracks the first few posts because I am not perfect. Also please let me know if I have someone listed that is no longer with us, or any omissions. Comprehensive prospect lists are a little harder to find than you'd think this time of year.

Rankings:

1. Rasmus Sandin -- 68.3%
2. Timothy Liljegren -- 87.4%
3. Jeremy Bracco -- 60.7%

Mac Hollowell
Jesper Lindgren
Dmytro Timashov
Yegor Korshkov
Ian Scott
Joseph Woll
Filip Kral
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev
Eemeli Rasanen
Pierre Engvall
Trevor Moore
Nicholas Robertson
Mikko Kokkonen
Ilya Mikheyev
Mason Marchment

Eemeli Rasanen
Dakota Joshua
Martins Dzierkals
Justin Brazeau
Kasimir Kaskisuo
JD Greenway
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladimir Bobylev
Vladislav Kara
Ryan O'Connell
Riley Stotts
Adam Brooks
Pontus Holmberg
Zach Bouthillier
Semyon Kizimov
Miro Aaltonen
Joe Duszak
Aaron Luchuk
Mikhail Abramov
Nick Abruzzese
Teemu Kivihalme
Michael Koster
Calle Loponen

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3

Suggest who I should add next. :D

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Bracco's impressed me immensely the past year, but I think Robertson has the potential to drive play at 5v5 more than Bracco. I'd have Nick at 3.

Reactions: MyBudJT

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Think it's pretty clearly Robertson. Only one I see really having a realistic chance to be a top line player.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Gonna go (again) with the guy that had a NHLe of 61 last season. The guy that had 45 points in the 2nd best league in the world. Had 4 and 14 more points than the two closest guys on his team.

Mikheyev.

Reactions: qqaz and MyBudJT

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Gonna go (again) with the guy that had a NHLe of 61 last season. The guy that had 45 points in the 2nd best league in the world. Had 4 and 14 more points than the two closest guys on his team.

Mikheyev.

I have him at #4 after Robertson.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I find this docket list a little odd. I have Brazeau, Kivihalme and Duszak all over Kral, Timashov, Lindgren and a couple other guys.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I know that early graduation to the Leafs is not the one and only criterion for what makes a good prospect. But it certainly isn’t completely irrelevant. Moore is the one who is most likely to play for the Leafs this year, probably followed by Mikheyev

Reactions: qqaz

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I know until you prove it on the ice, words mean nothing, but everything Robertson has said has been the right thing. And it makes me truly convinced he is committed to becoming a great player. That combined with his skills and attributes, I think we have a player here. At worst a hardworking 15-15 guy. But I think there is potential for way more. I don’t want shiny new toy syndrome to get in the way, but I think its Robertson.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I know that early graduation to the Leafs is not the one and only criterion for what makes a good prospect. But it certainly isn’t completely irrelevant. Moore is the one who is most likely to play for the Leafs this year, probably followed by Mikheyev

I feel the same. It's hard to rank because people have different criteria. Same reason it's hard for even the experts to agree on BPA at the entry draft.

Went with Mikheyev. I think he's got talent, and has a real shot to make the roster. That's super important to me in prospect rankings. I have Mikeyev and Moore up next, as well.

I'll be honest here and admit that I've never seen Robertson play, not even in youtube clips. So I might be unqualified to make a call.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
I'm not convinced he should be on the board, but since he is....How is this anyone other than Trevor Moore? I'm a big fan of Robertson, but Moore is already an NHL player.

Reactions: beleaf101

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Moore is not a prospect, he graduated. For this one I am going off the board and selecting Mikko Kokkonen and I hope to revisit this in 3-5 years where people are simply amazed at my awesomeness. :sarcasm:

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
I'm not convinced he should be on the board, but since he is....How is this anyone other than Trevor Moore? I'm a big fan of Robertson, but Moore is already an NHL player.
I think its because people value robertsons’ low floor/high ceiling potential more then Moore’s high floor/low ceiling... and there’s a touch of shiny new toy syndrome.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00