2019 import draft

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
If you have two imports on roster can you still draft a player and choose who you will keep?
Depends. If you have NHL first round picks as your imports, I believe you can protect them and draft two more. The Soo did that last year I believe protecting Kupari and Sandin and drafting Pucek and Pytlik.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
If you have two imports on roster can you still draft a player and choose who you will keep?

You can draft an import even if you have 2 already then you have to release one of them that count towards your 2 import spots. Most teams usually have a good idea if an import player is returning or moving forward to the NHL or other pro European leagues.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Depends. If you have NHL first round picks as your imports, I believe you can protect them and draft two more. The Soo did that last year I believe protecting Kupari and Sandin and drafting Pucek and Pytlik.

"Import players who are first-round NHL draft picks, or have signed a contract with an NHL team are placed on a separate import list – often called the “frozen” list – allowing teams to draft additional import players in their stead."

Quoted from Greg Cowan of the Owen Sound Sun Times staff writers who covers the Owen Sound Attack.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
If you already have two imports you can't make a pick with three exceptions: the afore mentioned 1st round NHL picks, signed players or if one or both of your current imports are going into their overage season.

Reactions: nelli27

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Owen Sound will use both selections in the import draft today.

With several teams electing to pass on their selections Owen Sound will now select 25th and 68th overall as per OS sports staff writer Greg Cowan reported.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad