GDT: 2019 IIHF World Championships - Slovakia (Bratislava/Kosice) Part II: May 10th to 26th

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Sweden on thin ice against Latvia but they turned it around to 4-3, could have missed the QFs had they lost.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
This offsides Shit has to stop this is absolute garbage. Taking goals off the board in fastest sport in the world. Just trash thank goodness that counted but the momentum is shot. Horrible

Reactions: I know

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Hank got scored on 4 times by the Latvians, I did not watch but that does not sound good. Did anyone watch, was he hung out to dry?

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Hank got scored on 4 times by the Latvians, I did not watch but that does not sound good. Did anyone watch, was he hung out to dry?

I had it on, but didn't want intently all the time. The Swedish defense looked weak at times. 2 power play goals. On one play Henrik made a save with all 5 Swedish players watching the guy knock his own rebound out of the air into the net. On another play, a Latvian skated across the crease, but lost the puck, but another Latvian beat his man and scored basically an empty netter when the puck came to him.

Reactions: egelband

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
In this game there weren’t much Hank could do on those goals, was a collection of unusual 4 goals to stop. On one play Ekholm cleated it on a teammate and it bounced into the net, shots that didn’t get through and then fell onto a stick at the far post etc.

Reactions: egelband and nyrage

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
In this game there weren’t much Hank could do on those goals, was a collection of unusual 4 goals to stop. On one play Ekholm cleated it on a teammate and it bounced into the net, shots that didn’t get through and then fell onto a stick at the far post etc.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the goal that went into the net off his own teammate while they tried to clear it.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I think Lundqvist has looked mostly fine in these Sweden games. I really can only think of one goal that sticks out as his fault and it was the first goal he gave up vs Czech.

Sweden's overall defense has been very underwhelming so far considering that is usually the strong suit of their teams. A lot of standing around and watching the goalie make saves and losing their men in near the net and on the rush.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I think Lundqvist has looked mostly fine in these Sweden games. I really can only think of one goal that sticks out as his fault and it was the first goal he gave up vs Czech.

Sweden's overall defense has been very underwhelming so far considering that is usually the strong suit of their teams. A lot of standing around and watching the goalie make saves and losing their men in near the net and on the rush.
So...pretty much what Hank sees all the time with the Rangers. ;)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I still disagree heavily with whom say Kakko has the edge on this tourney due to team/linemates.

These guys are straight up garbage, the difference to good to high end NHL players is massive.
So many missed plays on lack of vision/playmaking, or puck handling mistakes.
& on top of it every team in this tourney knows Kakko is the threat of the team, take him out and you have a pretty good shot at winning.

Reactions: LemurFromTheId

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I still disagree heavily with whom say Kakko has the edge on this tourney due to team/linemates.

These guys are straight up garbage, the difference to good to high end NHL players is massive.
So many missed plays on lack of vision/playmaking, or puck handling mistakes.
& on top of it every team in this tourney knows Kakko is the threat of the team, take him out and you have a pretty good shot at winning.

Hughes plays on a team with van Riemsdyk, Larkin, DeBrincat, Kane, Kreider, Eichel. Kakko plays on a team with just 2 who even played in the NHL this season, one of them being rookie Jokiharju

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Hughes plays on a team with van Riemsdyk, Larkin, DeBrincat, Kane, Kreider, Eichel. Kakko plays on a team with just 2 who even played in the NHL this season, one of them being rookie Jokiharju

I'm sure people would rather have Marko Anttila finishing plays instead of P. Kane :sarcasm:

& again, clear hook on Kakko and still sets up a guy for nothing, for nothing.
How do you miss the net by a 1m from 2m away??

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm sure people would rather have Marko Anttila finishing plays instead of P. Kane :sarcasm:

& again, clear hook on Kakko and still sets up a guy for nothing, for nothing.

This Finland team without Kakko won't even reach the quarters

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Seider is still out with a concussion:

Eishockey-WM: Moritz Seider kehrt nach Brutal-Foul ins Training zurück via google translate
"After his concussion suffered in the match against Slovakia Moritz Seider is again on the ice. National coach Toni Söderholm does not want to take any chances.
For the first time since the brutal check into the gang, youngster Moritz Seider has again trained with the German national ice hockey team at the World Championships in Slovakia. On Monday morning, the 18-year-old defender completed the volunteer practice session.
"We have to wait several hours after the training and then see if everything is okay," said coach Toni Söderholm: "We do not want to risk too much." Seider had suffered a concussion at 3-2 on Wednesday against the World Cup hosts.
"

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
To the surprise of absolutely nobody Kakko is the guy making things happen, just no result.
Should double shift him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad