GDT: 2019 IIHF World Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
do they do postgame interviews for these? curious to hear from hughes’ linemates and coaching staff about his performance
Gaudreau - “I mean, when you watch this kid play (J. Hughes), you see the raw talent and elite skating ability. Honestly, Im debating contacting my agent and Calgary’s GM and demanding a trade to my home state to play with him”

Reactions: Japam and Billdo

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
This will be very revealing in my opinion...In that I will be watching if he can be effective against bigger, strong and faster competition.

Jack likes to hold on to the puck, skate and look for a play...My personal opinion is that those tactics become exponentially more difficult against better competition.

As time and space begins to disappear, I will be looking at if he can over come that with his vision or deeper dive into his arsenal of tactics to continue to make things happen on the ice.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
This is my guess. They probably want to use this game to see what Hughes can do, but when the actual games start he'll likely slide down to 3rd-line center.

Or he can stick, if he plays well enough and has good chemistry on that line. (Or that line as a whole could get bumped down to 3rd line minutes too)

Reactions: OmNomNom

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
This will be very revealing in my opinion...In that I will be watching if he can be effective against bigger, strong and faster competition.

Jack likes to hold on to the puck, skate and look for a play...My personal opinion is that those tactics become exponentially more difficult against better competition.

As time and space begins to disappear, I will be looking at if he can over come that with his vision or deeper dive into his arsenal of tactics to continue to make things happen on the ice.
I'm actually excited by this. In the first game of the U18 I was unimpressed watching him, and it was concerning because it was against a much lesser team, he seemed floaty and disinterested and actually lost the puck on some boneheaded moves. Then the first game against a real competitive team was like turning on a switch for him. He wasn't just going through the motions hoping whatever he was about to do would work, he was reacting in real time and looked amazing.

So I can't wait to see when he is up against some real talent and is forced to started thinking faster and/or playing slower, I feel like it is going to be really fun to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmNomNom

Merrills Marauders

Jul 20, 2011
New Jersey
Lines posted earlier from Julie’s tweet are a little off. Flip Hughes’ line with Larkin’s, Demko to start over Schneider.

edit: Certainly looks like Schneider in net...Hughes was listed as 3rd line center on the broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad