Colby Sissions
Blake Speers
Tyce Thompson
Colton White
Yegor Zaitsev

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Went Bastian as he has already shown some promise at the NHL level in limited time. Misyul strikes me as a guy who will climb a few spots by this time next year

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
im also curious why people like Misyul over Ohkotyuk

I can’t speak for everyone of course but from what I’ve read it appears as if Misyul has more upside offensively, whereas Ohkotyuk is your classic “defensive defenseman.” Misyul is no slouch defensively so his overall ceiling may be higher. If he develops into the player many think he can be, there is definite top 4 pairing potential whereas Ohkotyuk may project more as a really solid bottom pairing guy.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
I can’t speak for everyone of course but from what I’ve read it appears as if Misyul has more upside offensively, whereas Ohkotyuk is your classic “defensive defenseman.” Misyul is no slouch defensively so his overall ceiling may be higher. If he develops into the player many think he can be, there is definite top 4 pairing potential whereas Ohkotyuk may project more as a really solid bottom pairing guy.
IMO an Okhotyuk in this current NHL is rare/huge. A hard hitting defensive dman whos physically gifted? Sign me up

A Carlo/Dumoulin type But smaller in height/better physical build

Reactions: longislanddevil

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm a little confused at people putting Bastian over Seney tbh. I know Bastian made a nice first impression but he played only 7 games. Seney spent more than half the season on the Devils and was often one of our more noticeable players. He creates on his own and is fearless.

I get that Bastian has the physical tools. But give me the guy who has shown he has staying power in the league. Seney does everything you ask him to do. He's fiesty, he skates, he can contribute offensively. He's a spark plug. Even if he gets logjammed here he'll go somewhere else and be an NHL player.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I'm a little confused at people putting Bastian over Seney tbh. I know Bastian made a nice first impression but he played only 7 games. Seney spent more than half the season on the Devils and was often one of our more noticeable players. He creates on his own and is fearless.

I get that Bastian has the physical tools. But give me the guy who has shown he has staying power in the league. Seney does everything you ask him to do. He's fiesty, he skates, he can contribute offensively. He's a spark plug. Even if he gets logjammed here he'll go somewhere else and be an NHL player.

for me, i just picked bastion because he was right at the top of the list...it’s really a toss up between him and seney

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Seney wasn't able to establish himself as a full-time NHLer on a roster decimated by injuries and trades. He's going to have to work on his play off the puck to become an NHL regular.

I don't think there's much difference between him and Bastian, though.

Reactions: HBK27 and Billdo

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

I think it's because Seney kind of is what he and IMO fizzled after starting out really solid. Bastian has the draft pedigree on his side for this stuff too.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Seney wasn't able to establish himself as a full-time NHLer on a roster decimated by injuries and trades. He's going to have to work on his play off the puck to become an NHL regular.

I don't think there's much difference between him and Bastian, though.
I don't think being sent down had anything to do with his quality of play. Him and Anderson were sent down the day before the trade deadline because the team wanted an extended look at other guys.

If playing time amongst the kids was given out exclusively on merit then there's not a person in the world who could justify McLeod getting 21 games. This season after December was an extended audition and everyone got their turn. Seney's turn was up, they got to look at him for 50 games and wanted to see some other guys.

He was very clearly more effective than Anderson, McLeod, Lappin, Quenneville, Pietila, Dea, Gabriel, Tangradi (and Noesen, a regular). The only ones who weren't obviously worse were Agostino, Rooney, and Bastian. And again, small sample size with Bastian.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
@StevenToddIves you liked misyul right

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad