64.7% of votes
shirtlesssergy.PNG

#13 LW Ondrej Palat
37.5% of votes
shirtlesspally.PNG

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Coburn should have been #12. I would go Coburn > Palat > Sergachev. For the time-being anyway. (That's unfortunately not the way I actually voted. :p )

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I think Coburn should have been #12. I would go Coburn > Palat > Sergachev. For the time-being anyway. (That's unfortunately not the way I actually voted. :p )
this is the problem with the electorate.

Reactions: DFC

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017

Please tell me what makes Palat better than Sergachev I would love to hear it. I don’t like voting based on what Palat could be since right now he is by far our worst player who makes Rutta look like an all star.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Please tell me what makes Palat better than Sergachev I would love to hear it. I don’t like voting based on what Palat could be since right now he is by far our worst player who makes Rutta look like an all star.

We're comparing Palat to what he used to be rather than just what he is, which is a below average player who the coach keeps putting in spots he shouldn't be in. Sergachev is an error machine who occasionally does something good offensively, who spent the entire season (and the one before) being blatantly babysat.

Sergachev has a ton of potential, but as of now it's mostly still just that: potential.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Looks like it's the big man's turn. It was hard to find one for Coby. Had to go through old videos on the Lightning website to catch him shirtless. lol

shirtlesscoby.PNG

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
We're comparing Palat to what he used to be rather than just what he is, which is a below average player who the coach keeps putting in spots he shouldn't be in. Sergachev is an error machine who occasionally does something good offensively, who spent the entire season (and the one before) being blatantly babysat.

Sergachev has a ton of potential, but as of now it's mostly still just that: potential.

Every metric you can find says that Sergachev is above average defensively though. You guys need to learn that a lot of turnovers ≠ bad defensively.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Every metric you can find says that Sergachev is above average defensively though. You guys need to learn that a lot of turnovers ≠ bad defensively.

I remember those metrics for Teddy Purcell.

Reactions: JoVel

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
A lot of those metrics are there because he was babysat by Coburn. His most successful and best pairing by every metric is him playing with Coburn.

Are you saying Serge made Coburn better?

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

Sergachev has some exceptional offensive instincts/skills for sure. Personally I don't worry quite as much about turnovers because Hedman is one of the worst offenders and he's our Viking god of Defense. :laugh:

But Sergachev was the worst of all our d-men at controlling the blue line. Even an aging Girardi was better at preventing entries against and an injury-riddled Strålman was better at possession exit% and preventing entries both. As you can see from the greyed out icons, Sergy was below average in both categories, not only for our team but over all compared to the rest of the NHL defensemen.
ControllingBlueLine.jpg

Even looking at defense pair xG rates, Sergy was only successful/above average when paired with Coburn or (in a very small sample size) with Mac. That's why I'm thinking Mac/Sergy and Heddy/Drago might just be our best option for the top four.
xGDefTBL.PNG

But stats/metrics aren't everything and Sergachev is quite young and could definitely get his stuff together. Hedman wasn't that great in his first couple years either.

Reactions: DFC

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
You can take all your Sergachev advanced stats and throw them in the lake for all I care. He'll be a different player this year, I guarantee it!

And when I guarantee something, you can take it to the bank.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You can take all your Sergachev advanced stats and throw them in the lake for all I care. He'll be a different player this year, I guarantee it!

And when I guarantee something, you can take it to the bank.

We all hope he will be. We just haven't seen it yet.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad