2019 HFAvs mock offseason discussion (need 3 GMs to take a 2nd team)

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Fair enough. Just starting classes next week that will eat up my evenings.

I hear that, I have summer classes coming myself. I'll definitely do what I can, maybe even trade one of those teams to you if I end up with an earlier pick (I won't be in on the Avs this year anyway since I had them last year so theres one person out)

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I hear that, I have summer classes coming myself. I'll definitely do what I can, maybe even trade one of those teams to you if I end up with an earlier pick (I won't be in on the Avs this year anyway since I had them last year so theres one person out)

giphy.webp

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Main thread is now open with the rules and stuff. Your first post there is your roster thread. So get posting and flaming my rules :sarcasm:

Cancel that. Gonna keep it open for now

Last edited:

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
I can't commit to being the most active in trading, but as long as I can have a team not in salary cap hell (primarily because I don't want to have to calculate a ton), I'm down. Always enjoy the drafting aspect, as it helps me get up to speed on each year's class beyond just the top guys

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
We used to roll into the 20+ range pretty easily, fill out the last few places with main board posters and other team’s fans. C’mon peeps

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I just made a post over on the main board to see if we can get some of the regulars from over there that I know to join. Getting a bit worried we won’t be able to get this off the ground.

OB5

May 2, 2015
I just made a post over on the main board to see if we can get some of the regulars from over there that I know to join. Getting a bit worried we won’t be able to get this off the ground.

I saw this post and am interested! not familiar with the Avs crew but I love these games and am game if you need people.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I'm in.

For an idea lets do expansion draft, 2 days of trading before expansion, then a few more before the draft(insert Seattle in somewhere) then after UFA vote for Stanley Cup champ, and the best rebuilder(keeps people interested until the end) We can also have @LatvianTwist immortalize the winners in the fantasy hall of fame

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I like seeing main board people return for what, a third time? :thumbu:
I'm in.

For an idea lets do expansion draft, 2 days of trading before expansion, then a few more before the draft(insert Seattle in somewhere) then after UFA vote for Stanley Cup champ, and the best rebuilder(keeps people interested until the end) We can also have @LatvianTwist immortalize the winners in the fantasy hall of fame
I think our last vote/waivers period died early. Also, I'm down if people want to do it, but I'd rather not do expansion yet.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I like seeing main board people return for what, a third time? :thumbu:

I think our last vote/waivers period died early. Also, I'm down if people want to do it, but I'd rather not do expansion yet.
I think the last game ended because people didn't like the fact that we couldn't draft for ourselves. People like trading/acquiring draft picks, but when the pick has a forced player it becomes worthless if the team trading for it doesn't want that prospect. People who are usually active to the end, pretty much gave up the first day after they found out they weren't drafting.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad