Rumor: 2019 Heritage Classic (Regina) - Flames vs. Jets October 26, 2019

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016

Proud day for Bill Hunter's vision and dream. Many analysts and people on these boards may mock Saskatchewan's ability to support an NHL team but look no further than the Saskatchewan Roughriders and their draw league wide. No matter the weather, the facility, or our placement in the standings we are there to support our teams. This Classic will surprise many in regards to the draw and buzz surrounding the game itself. Nowhere produces more NHL hockey players per capita than Saskatchewan.

Doesn't Sask have a way larger contingent of Oilers fans?

Pretty evenly spread between Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg for top spot but there are quite a few Habs and Leafs fans as well.

Regina's new City Motto: At least we're not Atlanta.

Poor taste IMO. I would argue there are more serious hockey fans in Sask than there are in Edmonton and Calgary combined. Outside almost every town here you will see signs like Home of Clarke Wilm, Home of Patrick Marleau, Home of Gordie Howe and so on. We are proud of our local boys that go onto successful careers in the NHL and even decades later we pay tribute to their place in hockey history.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
71AaYLmWmbL._SX425_.jpg

vs

images

Reactions: Signature

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
CCM had a white retro to match the red ones before the league switched over to Adias.

I didn't know that. Barely see any of them then.

Would be a great game for the retros considering it's a heritage classic. Would be cool if they let the Jets where the colored retros too. Kind of weird this is all going down at Mosaic but I really don't hate the choice. Roughrider fans :thumbd: but for hockey Saskatchewan is pretty divided.

Last edited:

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Might make my way over to check this out. Anyone familiar with the area know where a good hotel would be to stay?

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I didn't know that. Barely see any of them then.

Yeah I didn't know about them either and found them by completely accident when I was looking on the Fanattics site for something else like a hat or something. I ended up buying one when it was on sale shortly before the switch to Adidas. I still need to get the 1989 patch to match the one on the red retro.

Looks like they still have an XXL on the site, but I don't recall you being that big. Maybe try calling the stores to see if they have any old stock?

Flames White Vintage Jersey XX-Large

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
It will work great because Regina stadium will fill up with excited fans. I'm interested in this.

I still think this series needs a hiatus, but this will work as good as these can work.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The view from the stands at the last Classic held in Calgary in 2011. Ridiculous.

Regina fans should just save their money.

heritage game.jpg

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I went to the Heritage Classic against the Habs. All I remember is it being really f***ing cold

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, I don't understand people paying to be cold and have essentially the same view as in a packed bar with one 21" TV.

Maybe it makes sense once your there, but there's a reason they don't build 70,000 seat stadiums for hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad