NFL: 2019 Free Agency Rumors, Speculation, and Minor Signings

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Teams without a top QB salary to worry about are just giving stupid amounts of money to these FAs. Killing me to think about what it's going to cost to keep Wilson, Clark and Wagner now.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I blame the team much more than Remmers because they put him in a position to fail. He was a competent RT in 2017 but then the Vikings moved him to RG out of desperation last season and he was a disaster there. He could be a decent pick up for someone if the price is reasonable.

Pelissero says the Vikings could have a complete changeover on the OL next season. O'Neill, Elflein, and Reiff should all be back but not necessarily at the same positions. They clearly didn't learn from experimenting with shifting guys from position to position.
Elflein is playing Centre.

He isn't moving anywhere. Easton is a guy I want back, and Hill.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Teams without a top QB salary to worry about are just giving stupid amounts of money to these FAs. Killing me to think about what it's going to cost to keep Wilson, Clark and Wagner now.

I'd guess ~$35M/yr for Wilson with most of it fully guaranteed, ~$20M/yr for Clark, and ~$16M/yr for Wagner.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Elflein is playing Centre.

He isn't moving anywhere. Easton is a guy I want back, and Hill.

Elflein was arguably the worst center in the entire NFL last season so that's probably why Pelissero said everything is on the table. I think a lot of that had to do with his injuries and I'd bet on him bouncing back but he was a pretty good G in college too. I could see them trying to move him to G if they get someone like Bradbury in the draft.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I'd guess ~$35M/yr for Wilson with most of it fully guaranteed, ~$20M/yr for Clark, and ~$16M/yr for Wagner.

I think Wagner will get more than that. He's the best Mike in the league and now you have several of them making 15-17M per year?
Way more than him and Keuchly. JFC Jets.

Reactions: Avs_19

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Elflein was arguably the worst center in the entire NFL last season so that's probably why Pelissero said everything is on the table. I think a lot of that had to do with his injuries and I'd bet on him bouncing back but he was a pretty good G in college too. I could see them trying to move him to G if they get someone like Bradbury in the draft.

Second year player on a terrible line in a new scheme and OL coach in addition to the factors you note (which I agree with).

I want us to stop the carousel. That does not mean ignoring obvious weak links, I just don't think Elflein is s lost cause at Centre.

This team gets a little jumpy at certain positions.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Unless the Raiders or a mystery team is quietly involved, it sounds like the Jets might be bidding against themselves for Le'Veon Bell. I'm very curious to see what kind of a deal he ends up with after turning down the franchise tag money and sitting out all season.

The OBJ to the Browns rumours also aren't going away.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think Wagner will get more than that. He's the best Mike in the league and now you have several of them making 15-17M per year?
Way more than him and Keuchly. JFC Jets.
The next crop always gets more. The prime years are after your rookie deal for non qb positions, with maybe the exception of OL. Contract 3, you’re likely only getting about the equivalent of 2 years that would be guaranteed.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Don't the Colts have a crazy amount of $ left to spend?

I am a bit surprised they have not been more active. But Ballard seems to be a smart cookie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad