NFL: 2019 Franchise Tags

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I would imagine Frank Clark from Seattle gets tagged, with the intention of trying to secure a long term deal.

I think they let Earl Thomas go and not tag him even if they did manage to get Clark signed before the tagging deadline.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think Clowney will be tagged. Though the Texans don't seem to be in love with him.
That’s kind of why teams tag a player. Not in love with them enough to give them a long term deal with a significant amount of guaranteed money. Tag buys them another year at a high cap hit but you’re not locked to the player and can ultimately walk away in a year.

Reactions: Voight

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
That’s kind of why teams tag a player. Not in love with them enough to give them a long term deal with a significant amount of guaranteed money. Tag buys them another year at a high cap hit but you’re not locked to the player and can ultimately walk away in a year.
But this is really dumb from their perspective. They apparently don't like how he doesn't work as hard as Watt, which not too many players do. He has already come back from a microfracture knee injury and has was an all pro. Im not sure how much longer they can count on Watt with his injury history, so keeping Clowney around should be a priority.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

If the list I suspect that Clark gets a new deal and won’t play on the tag.
Gould, being a K being in the tag isn’t that big a deal compared to an O or D player who is on the field for 60 plays.
Probably expect the others to play on the tag this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad