2019 Flames Block

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
The Flames are particuarly interested in aquiring draft picks and defender prospects as we turn our eye to making sure our roster is cap compliant for the next few seasonas and see if we can jump start this years. Can take back equal salary to that moved out (in fact, that's a preference, for a roster player in most of these deals).

RYAN GETZLAF - The Flames #1 C is still a PPG player in the NHL and a current NHL All-Star who shows no signs of slowing down when he's on the ice. Has mammoth ratings in the sim and performs. He's been out for several months in the HFNHL but is due back in the next couple of weeks. On the last year of his contract but can be auto-extended at $8 mil per season (which, given current contracts is a steal.). Minimum is a 1st round pick in 2019, prospect (defender prefered but not mandatory) and roster player.

ALEXANDER STEEN - A versatile player who has helped the Flamettes stabilize their season after being moved to the top line. 2-way player who remains one of the best forwards in St. Louis. Expiring contract but can also be extended at just $6 million per season. Since Anisimov just garnered a 2nd and Steens rating are much better than his, this is the starting price. May consider a package of picks if multiple 3rds are the high point.

DANNY DEKEYSER - In the peek of his career and he's seen a resurgence this season in Detroit, will have improved ratings next season. Playing over 21 minutes a night. He's only 28, making just $3.75 this season, pending UFA but can autosign an extension as he's signed longer term in the NHL. Flames are looking at a first day pick (or equvalent prospect) and roster player.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
The Flames have traded Alex Steen. In return, they received two picks, a 2nd Rounder, and a 4th rounder, and Milan Lucic.

UPDATED BLOC:

Ryan Getzlaf
Milan Lucic
Mark Giordano
Andy Greene

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
The Flames have some pending UFA veterans on the block as well.

Ryan Getzlaf
Semyon Varlamov
Anders Lee
Andy Greene
Jeff Skinner
Marc Giordano

Also:

Danny DeKeyser (a 7th will do!)

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
DeKeyser traded.

Reminder that this is the last chance to get a starting goalie without paying $8 mil plus for a goalie not rated in the top 30 in free agency.

Semyon Varlamov is available for a future draft. For the right pick a sign and trade might be arranged.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Updated Flames Block - after the first round of free agency.

Andy Greene is primarily the player I'm looking to move - 99DF! Doesn't get better than that. He's on a modest contract at $5.5m, only a one year commitment and has 76OV. If you need a minute muncher for your top pairing or 2nd pairing, here is your guy, best PK defender in the game. Playing with all the studs in Jersey this year, he's probably got a few seasons still in him with amazing ratings. Yes, I'm gonna ask for a good pick or decent prospect for him, but I'm also willing to consider a hockey trade if you have a defenseman under $3.7m cap hit this season that makes sense for me.

Ryan Getzlaf still has some 1C ratings, on a one year deal, I've had some bidders and if you can beat a good prospect (recent 2nd rounder) and 2nd round pick, then come see me.

Anders Lee is in his prime, has a 6.5m contract this season, and autosign at $7 mil after that. Plays all 3 forward positions, 85SC, 73PA. Won't be cheap but the Flames are future planning with the cap in mind.

Mikael Backlund is in the same boat, looking at trading because he's on my 3rd line and overpaid there, even though he's on a very reasonable $5.3m contract. 77PA, 78 SC, 72DF with 87 FO. Perfect two-way forward if you are contending and missing that piece. Again, won't be cheap, but Flames are thinkin about the future.

John Klingberg because people keep asking. It would take a monster offer but the Flames could be lured into something cray cray.

And because you've read this far - FLAMETTES SPECIAL OFFER - are you a Nikita Gusev believer? I've had a 2022 2nd rounder offered, can you do better?

Reactions: albertascout

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad