2019 Entry Draft Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
For sure, you can always make a center a winger, but rarely the opposite and they usually have more market value.

But I think that this team really needs offensive game breaker... A sniper, someone who can put in 40, a guy that can get 50 assists. A guy that teams will have to build their game plan around. Haven't had this since Lafleur.

Agreed. Hard to get those guys at 15, but a winger might be our best chance if one slips a bit

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
How many goals/points do you see Kaliyev doing next season in the OHL? And what about the following year assuming he would stay in the OHL?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How many goals/points do you see Kaliyev doing next season in the OHL? And what about the following year assuming he would stay in the OHL?
All depends on his teammates. He was really on a dreadful team this year and most of the time they lose the puck or blow their coverage or blow his passes or what ever.

Also, its funny because while he isnt engaged defensively, hes okay at keeping his zone and not allowing the play to go through him defensively, but his teammates.... huh... just braindead.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Like with Nick Suzuki in 2017, for Kaliev it won't be about his OHL production- we know he can produce at an elite rate in junior at 17. It'll be about him just improving his pace more than anything. If Kaliev can learn to play with pace the way Suzuki has, he'll be a monster. He's not a guy you draft and stat watch, he's a guy you draft and have to tune in to see. His production likely isn't going to go to a next level.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
In general I find it so hard to predict when a great shot will translate to the NHL...
One trait that needs to be considered is if a player needs to "load up his shot". Let me explain, Tarasenko is a player who does not need to bring his stick back, which leads to a very unpredictable shot and it's extremely hard for goalies to track. It's almost as if he can release it while he's still skating. Pacioretty is also a similar shooter.

An example of a player with a great shot but who needs to "load up" is Andrei Kostitsyn; he had a laser beam but that extra half second is key to beating NHL goalies. The same can be said about Galchenyuk.

To me, the most important part of an NHL shot is how short/small the movement of the players stick is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad