Prospect Info: 2019 Development Camp - June 25-29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
What's the likelihood he comes over to play in the CHL vs staying in Finland to play in Liiga?
Pretty good I would think. They released previous RD import pick Maier who was selected shortly after Has by Peterborough. I read NB doesn't have any righty D at the moment with any experience so he could end up logging a lot of minutes if he's up for it. Stan Butler is a pretty solid developer on the defensive side so not a bad place to play. They might lack a bit offensively compared to some teams. He may benefit more physically and in making quicker decisions from playing with Tappara in Liiga play but you never know what sort of TOI he may get there. Whereas in North Bay he could very well be on their top pair.

blindsideheadshot

Jun 26, 2013
Pretty good I would think. They released previous RD import pick Maier who was selected shortly after Has by Peterborough. I read NB doesn't have any righty D at the moment with any experience so he could end up logging a lot of minutes if he's up for it. Stan Butler is a pretty solid developer on the defensive side so not a bad place to play. They might lack a bit offensively compared to some teams. He may benefit more physically and in making quicker decisions from playing with Tappara in Liiga play but you never know what sort of TOI he may get there. Whereas in North Bay he could very well be on their top pair.

Hope the Caps guide him that way, extra time to get used to the smaller rink and big minute potential are good things.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
We could pretty well gift wrap him top pairing minutes with a solid dman, could be a good opportunity for him. After some down ish mediocre years North Bay has collected many talented 17/18/19 year olds and are poised to have a solid year. Trending upwards for sure and an addition of a big right shot dman would be huge as that’s the biggest hole right now (close to the only hole).

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
The comments about Gersich make me happy. He made such a great first impression late last year. I hope he sticks in DC.

Reactions: searle

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
3-on-3 Tournament Awards time!

The Ulf Dahlen Boardmaster Plaque

Winner: Garret Pilon - relentless, quick and precise with his stick, and stronger than his size would indicate
Other notables: Beck Malensyn, Brett Leason, Connor McMichael

The Rico Fata Best Skating Performance

Winner: Axel Jonsson-Fjallby - his skating really is special. Younger Hagelin-esque.
Other notables: Shane Gersich, Martin Fehervary, Martin Has

The Sasha Semin Golden Hands Award

Winner: Connor McMichael - the quick dangles in tight spaces are legit. This guy is going to make his living off the cycle.
Other finalists: Shane Gersich, Joe Snively, Garret Pilon

The Ivan Majesky "Holy Shot That Dude is a Monster" Medal

Winner: Tobias Geisser - Looked every bit as big as Protas, and is still lean. He's gonna be huge when he fills out.
Other finalists: Alex Alexeyev, Brett Leason, Aliaksei Protas

The Alex Oveckin Take Your Lunch Money Scholarship

Winner: Beck Malenstyn - I wish I'd been more attentive to who the victim was, but was too excited. Loose puck at center ice. Beck and victim #1 arrive at the same time, in full stride. Beck puts the guy on his ass, drives the middle and picks the corner of the goal. Highlight of the session for me.

The Bryan Muir Self-Forechecker of the Year

Winner: Aliaksei Protas - Poor guy. Skated himself into the corner on his own goal line against one forechecker. Just didn't have the quickness to shake him. He has an incredibly inefficient stride and was the only player I saw really sucking wind after a shift. Potentially fixable due to the poor fitness and mechanics.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
3-on-3 Tournament Awards time!

The Ulf Dahlen Boardmaster Plaque

Winner: Garret Pilon - relentless, quick and precise with his stick, and stronger than his size would indicate
Other notables: Beck Malensyn, Brett Leason, Connor McMichael

The Rico Fata Best Skating Performance

Winner: Axel Jonsson-Fjallby - his skating really is special. Younger Hagelin-esque.
Other notables: Shane Gersich, Martin Fehervary, Martin Has

The Sasha Semin Golden Hands Award

Winner: Connor McMichael - the quick dangles in tight spaces are legit. This guy is going to make his living off the cycle.
Other finalists: Shane Gersich, Joe Snively, Garret Pilon

The Ivan Majesky "Holy Shot That Dude is a Monster" Medal

Winner: Tobias Geisser - Looked every bit as big as Protas, and is still lean. He's gonna be huge when he fills out.
Other finalists: Alex Alexeyev, Brett Leason, Aliaksei Protas

The Alex Oveckin Take Your Lunch Money Scholarship

Winner: Beck Malenstyn - I wish I'd been more attentive to who the victim was, but was too excited. Loose puck at center ice. Beck and victim #1 arrive at the same time, in full stride. Beck puts the guy on his ass, drives the middle and picks the corner of the goal. Highlight of the session for me.

The Bryan Muir Self-Forechecker of the Year

Winner: Aliaksei Protas - Poor guy. Skated himself into the corner on his own goal line against one forechecker. Just didn't have the quickness to shake him. He has an incredibly inefficient stride and was the only player I saw really sucking wind after a shift. Potentially fixable due to the poor fitness and mechanics.

Good stuff here!!

I'm going to the scrimmage on Saturday, my report won't be as good as yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad