Prospect Info: 2019 Capitals Top Prospect #1

Who is the 2019 Capitals overall prospect #1?

• Eric Florchuk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tobias Geisser

• Shane Gersich

• Conner Hobbs

• Lucas Johansen

• Alex Kannok-Leipert

• Tyler Lewington

• Beck Malenstyn

• Liam O’Brien

• Garrett Pilon

• Brian Pinho

• Damien Riat

• Riley Sutter

• Vitek Vanecek

• Aliaksei Protas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
With the 2019 draft and development camp done and finished, what do you think the Caps prospect rankings should be this year? Part of an ongoing series.

Admittedly, I'm not familiar with a lot of them, so it'll be interesting to read what you guys think.

I took this initial list from another site, so feel free to request an add of another prospect!

The requirement is U25, and less than 25 NHL games played.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Voted Samsonov due to his ceiling but I really hate putting him as #1 because while his ceiling is highest, his floor is much lower IMO than Alexeyev and McMichael who look to surely be solid NHL players in the near future.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I had to say Samsonov. I thought about AA, but he’s really done nothing at the higher levels. IS dominated the AHL for half a season (the most recent half) after he got acclimated. I also thought about VV, but because IS’s ceiling is higher, I went with him.

It’ll be interesting once we get to 3-8. Will be a wide open board, I think (VV, CM, MF, BL, LJ, etc etc)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Voted Samsonov due to his ceiling but I really hate putting him as #1 because while his ceiling is highest, his floor is much lower IMO than Alexeyev and McMichael who look to surely be solid NHL players in the near future.
I don’t really believe there’s such a thing as a “high floor” prospect anymore.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I don’t really believe there’s such a thing as a “high floor” prospect anymore.

Maybe not a high floor in absolute terms but in probabilistic terms I think Samsonov's floor is lower than other top prospects in the organization. I could see Samsonov flaming out of the NHL completely based solely on the fact that Samsonov is a goaltender and they are notoriously difficult to project, even the higher end prospects. I think it's far less likely that prospects like Alexeyev or McMichael can't carve out a depth role somewhere in the NHL.

Of course on the flip side it wouldn't shock me to see Samsonov win a Vezina someday due to his physical talent-level but I would be floored if either McMichael or Alexeyev approach something close to MVP status.

That being said I admit I don't follow prospects very closely and could be completely wrong on everything I just typed.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
With the 2019 draft and development camp done and finished, what do you think the Caps prospect rankings should be this year? Part of an ongoing series.

Admittedly, I'm not familiar with a lot of them, so it'll be interesting to read what you guys think.

I took this initial list from another site, so feel free to request an add of another prospect!

The requirement is U25, and less than 25 NHL games played.

Thank you for the polls! Voted for Fehervary. Becose why not!

Please,

Add:

Kody Clark (!)
Mitchell Gibson
Joe Snively (!!!)
Bobby Nardella (!!)
Martin Hugo Has
Sebastian Walfridsson

Remove:

Tyler Lewington
Liam O'Brien

Who is that Alexyev guy?

Last edited:

racingmoose

Apr 11, 2016
Using prospect to mean potential to be an elite player at their position in the NHL, gotta pick Samsonov at the moment. AA is close.

If we'd be talking most likely to have a solid NHL career, may be a different answer....

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Hey, I voted Samsonov.

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 7.07.31 PM.png

But I like AJF and would have him around five/six. The things he needs to learn can be taught. 3rd/4th liner with great PK ability. I'll take that out of a 5th rounder.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Hey, I voted Samsonov.

View attachment 244207

But I like AJF and would have him around five/six. The things he needs to learn can be taught. 3rd/4th liner with great PK ability. I'll take that out of a 5th rounder.
You were gushing about Alexeyev a couple weeks ago, got me hyped, thought you’d go AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad