Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
beanpot.jpg

020518_AG_Beanpot_1474-copy-900x600.jpg

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Maybe someone who follows BU more closely can enlighten me on why they are underperforming this year?

I look at the roster and why it may not be as loaded as it’s been in year’s past, they still have three 1st round picks (Farabee, Fabbro, Bowers), a 2nd, a couple of 3rds and some late round guys as well.

Do they miss Quinn that much? Is the team not meshing? Is the new coach playing a style that isn’t conducive to the players they have (wasn’t AO an assistant under Quinn)??

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Maybe someone who follows BU more closely can enlighten me on why they are underperforming this year?

I look at the roster and why it may not be as loaded as it’s been in year’s past, they still have three 1st round picks (Farabee, Fabbro, Bowers), a 2nd, a couple of 3rds and some late round guys as well.

Do they miss Quinn that much? Is the team not meshing? Is the new coach playing a style that isn’t conducive to the players they have (wasn’t AO an assistant under Quinn)??

Albie O'Connell was an assistant for 3 years under Quinn.

BC is on the downside as well.

For reasons I can't fully understand, the Midwest is now producing more quality prospects than New England.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Albie O'Connell was an assistant for 3 years under Quinn.

BC is on the downside as well.

For reasons I can't fully understand, the Midwest is now producing more quality prospects than New England.

Is BU not allowed to recruit in the Midwest?

I understand they have more street cred in the Eastern part of the country, but two of their better players right now are Canadian (NS and BC which is Western CA) and Farabee is from NY.

I’m sure they will bounce back, just trying to figure out what’s wrong there now.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Championship game under way. No score 17:14 left in the first

Tom Caron & Billy Jaffe with the call on NESN

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
BC may have scored a goal- play is under review but referee waved it off- guys crashed into the net & pulled it off its pegs and it is hard to tell if the puck crossed the line before it got pulled off

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
BC may have scored a goal- play is under review but referee waved it off- guys crashed into the net & pulled it off its pegs and it is hard to tell if the puck crossed the line before it got pulled off

The ruling is no goal.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

Is BU not allowed to recruit in the Midwest?

I understand they have more street cred in the Eastern part of the country, but two of their better players right now are Canadian (NS and BC which is Western CA) and Farabee is from NY.

I’m sure they will bounce back, just trying to figure out what’s wrong there
Providence is the in vogue HE team right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad