NFL GDT: 2019 AFC Wild Card Round: (4) Houston Texans vs (5) Buffalo Bills - Houston wins 22-19

HOUBUF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Houston, they're hard to figure out though. They have wins over Mahomes and Brady. New Orleans needed a miracle finish at home to beat them, but they've also had ugly losses to Carolina, Denver, etc. Their offense is better than Buffalo's though.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Indoor game benefits the team with the better O. If this game is in Buffalo, then I could see the Bills winning. Would be more of a running and defensive game in that instance.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Sounds like a lot of people who don't watch the Bills. Dome game benefits the Bills far more than the Texans. White will blanket Hopkins. Really depends on if the Texans running attack can beat the Bills. Bills will score 20-24 points. Think they win 24-17.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Buffalo, why not. Team is a lot better then people realize, which feels weird to say :laugh:
I think it's the opposite actually. This team is significantly worse than most people think. Week 17 obviously doesn't count, but the Bills have struggled against the Jets and Bengals while outright losing to the Browns. The only playoff team they beat was the Titans and that's when Mariota was still QB. The Bills miss the playoffs if they play in any other AFC division.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I think it's the opposite actually. This team is significantly worse than most people think. Week 17 obviously doesn't count, but the Bills have struggled against the Jets and Bengals while outright losing to the Browns. The only playoff team they beat was the Titans and that's when Mariota was still QB. The Bills miss the playoffs if they play in any other AFC division.

That might be true but their defense is legitimate. The Texans are very overrated also and under O’Brien are regular playoff chokers.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Don’t know why, they’ve never really underachieved in the wild card round. Last year was not good, but you were also talking a QB in his first playoff game and the Colts, who were dead even in the two games, were red hot, and the Texans were running out of receivers.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!

If they can hang around going into the 4th quarter, look out.

Tre’davious White is a stud corner. I think he’s just behind Gilmore. Their defense is stout overall. Interesting game.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

Bills losses:

Vs. Pats - loss by 6. Matt Barkley got them in Pats territory for a win before an int. Game came down to a blocked punt.

Eagles - wasn't close

Browns loss - missed field to tie it at the end of the game.

Ravens - 16 yards away on last drive from a TD to tie

Pats - 15 yards away from a game tying TD at the end.

Not counting the Jets games, the Bills losses were close and came down to the final play of the game.

Their D will keep them in any game. The offense is a year away from being a true contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad