Prospect Info: 2019 213th Overall Pick | LW McKade Webster

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Since probably many wondered why we'd pick a guy who only played six games last season at 167lbs:
The Lightning take a really nice low risk high reward pick in McKade Webster to round out their draft. Webster came to the USHL from the storied Shattuck's St. Mary's program where he was a prolific point a game player. Much was expected of Webster this season heading into his second year in the tight checking USHL ranks, but an injury held him to just six games. Webster is committed to the prestigious University of Denver program, which recruited him because of his excellent skating, stickhandling, and playmaking ability. Upon getting Webster's commitment, DU assistant coach Tavis MacMillan said, "McKade is a cerebral, playmaking winger. His deft touch and stickhandling abilities enable him to put pucks into space or make crisp passes depending upon the situation. McKade is a proven offensive producer at every level with the ability to control the pace of the game when the puck is on his stick. He is another gifted offensive player who will fit in very well with the tempo and style of game we play at DU.”
Pros:
- Excellent skater
- Gifted playmaker who controls game pace with his puckhandling and creativity
Cons:
- Lost a season of development due to injury
- Needs to bulk up at just 167 lbs.
Projection:
- Another really exciting scoring line NCAA project for the Lightning organization
Seventh Round - Two Hundred Thirteenth Overall: W/C McKade Webster | Bolt Prospects

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I love this kind of picks at the later rounds. It's a miniscule chance a 7th round pick even makes it so why not swing for the fences.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks,

I was perusing HF Oilers and while reading through their Carter Savoie Thread, they’ve made reference to your McKade Webster.

It appears he’s really developed well and several HF Oiler Members who I respect have stated how impressed they’ve been watching his play for Denver this season.

Possibly another late round payoff.

5863632B-1D87-4110-B6FE-9CC6E3534ECF.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad