Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Version 6 | Deadline Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Blues will turn it around, which probably starts in their next game, they play the Devils at home, and Blues also have an easy schedule in March. Dallas has little bit of a harder schedule compared to Avs and Blues but with Avs injuries, that's also advantage Dallas.

I keep saying this and the team kept saying it how they need to get home ice advantage. They wont get home ice without Kadri, Mikko, Gru, Calvert, and when this players return which pretty much will be in the playoffs and Avs playing the Stars or maybe even the Blues in the 1st round, they wont win a 7 game series against any of them without home ice.

Sakic does have a difficult decision to make. Stay they course, ride out this season or try to save the season and still go for that home ice

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah I’m with @henchman24 on Danault. He’s the one I’ve been speaking about the most these last few days. I just don’t think the Habs let him go. He’d be a perfect fit and the Avs are in a cap space/asset place where they can use him as a 3C when fully healthy which would be insane centre depth.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Given the status on Rantanen I am less in favor of a rental and pro 'hockey trade', but the latter is usually more likely to happen in the off-season than at the deadline. I liked hearing that the Avs were in on Coleman as he had another year left and could potentially be re-signed.

The Avs are still in a good position cap-wise and Sakic does not seem to be a panic-driven GM.

Reactions: shadow1

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Would love to add Danault, but am hesitant to trade premium assets for a guy with only 1.25 years left on his deal. Ultimately would be ok parting with a 1st for Danault, but the question is - what’s Pageau looking for in terms of extension, and if reasonable, would we be better off paying the lower trade price for Pageau and then locking him in for 5 years, then only having Danault for 2 years?

Reactions: arun

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya I havent seen Danault's name mentioned anywhere really so I wouldn't have thought he was available.

I'd still prefer Pageau for the cost to get him. We could realistically add JGP and Kreider without breaking the farm.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Habs are going to try (and probably fail) to compete next year, and I doubt they trade away Danault this year since he still has time left on his contract. If they do let him go, and it's to the Avs, I'm honestly kind of scared as to what the price would look like.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Anyone think Drouin is on the table? I don't love his cap hit or his stats and the notion of chemistry from past years with Mac seems wishful thinking but his name always seems to come up so I thought I'd throw it out there...

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Anyone think Drouin is on the table? I don't love his cap hit or his stats and the notion of chemistry from past years with Mac seems wishful thinking but his name always seems to come up so I thought I'd throw it out there...

I just don't think he's a good NHLer. He is extremely skilled, but plays the game like he's still in the QMJHL.

Reactions: arun and jaisen73

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
I just don't think he's a good NHLer. He is extremely skilled, but plays the game like he's still in the QMJHL.

I'm inclined to agree. And usually I'd say 'change of scenery' or being paired with skilled players would help but the dude has already had both!

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan

He's fine. There are better options available.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Would love to add Danault, but am hesitant to trade premium assets for a guy with only 1.25 years left on his deal. Ultimately would be ok parting with a 1st for Danault, but the question is - what’s Pageau looking for in terms of extension, and if reasonable, would we be better off paying the lower trade price for Pageau and then locking him in for 5 years, then only having Danault for 2 years?

To me, the biggest difference is in the quality of the player, and that more than makes up for the issues around the contracts. JGP at his best is an elite #3C. He's never going to be a #2C for a good team. Danault can not only be a #2C on a good team, he can be a good #2C outright. He isn't better than Kadri, but he's the very next step down in levels of #2Cs. Having MacK-Danault-Compher-PEB down the middle is passable until Kadri gets back, then MacK-Kadri-Danault-PEB is downright elite for the next two playoff runs.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
To me, the biggest difference is in the quality of the player, and that more than makes up for the issues around the contracts. JGP at his best is an elite #3C. He's never going to be a #2C for a good team. Danault can not only be a #2C on a good team, he can be a good #2C outright. He isn't better than Kadri, but he's the very next step down in levels of #2Cs. Having MacK-Danault-Compher-PEB down the middle is passable until Kadri gets back, then MacK-Kadri-Danault-PEB is downright elite for the next two playoff runs.

Is Danault even a remote possibility? I didn't see it if you already talked about why he'd be available.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

I'd say that Kadri has significantly more talent, but he does some really stupid things trying to dangle everyone. Danault is more consistent, but has less ability to really take over a game. It's one of the reasons I'd love to have Danault because of his consistency. Would be nice to have Nuke-Danault as a pairing, you know you'll get a good effort out there.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019

He reminds me of Mackinnon early on. Skills for days but his brain hasn't caught up with his hands.

When he gets it he will be lights out.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Is Danault even a remote possibility? I didn't see it if you already talked about why he'd be available.

If guys didn't like the return that NJ got for Coleman they would hate the return Mon gets for Danault.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Marc Bergevin has pretty much made it clear he wants to compete and is not interested in trading those players with term left (Petry, Tatar, Danault, etc).

Now, if he's to be believed is a different question entirely. GM's will say one thing and do another all the time, but with Bergevin I really believe that he wants to win while he still has Carey Price and Shea Weber under contract.

Can't see him moving Danault.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If guys didn't like the return that NJ got for Coleman they would hate the return Mon gets for Danault.

You say some whacked out shit, but this is probably true.

I'd argue that both not being rentals makes it more worth it though.

Not sure wtf the Nukles are doing trading for Toffy, but whatever.

Marc Bergevin has pretty much made it clear he wants to compete and is not interested in trading those players with term left (Petry, Tatar, Danault, etc).

Now, if he's to be believed is a different question entirely. GM's will say one thing and do another all the time, but with Bergevin I really believe that he wants to win while he still has Carey Price and Shea Weber under contract.

Can't see him moving Danault.

Yeah, they only trade players with term when they decide they don't like them anymore.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
If Montreal is the team I would like Domi the most. I know he’s not thrilled to play the wing but he would make the Avs second line a legitimate cup threat. 3C still would not be amazing but a third line consisting of Donskoi Compher and Nuke is sufficient when the top two lines would be as stacked as they would be when healthy.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm hoping Sakic stays the course at this point, make a hockey trade if it's out there, but don't try to "salvage" the season like he did with the Boedker trade.

If it's a half assed attempt like that, then yeah. I've never really been on board with a pure rental move though.

All of our major needs are relevant next season as well really.

Reactions: cgf

Lastwind

Jan 20, 2020
Ottawa, ON
Silver lining?
David Amber with Sportsnet expressed that Kreider has all Canadian Teams on his NO Trade list and he believes that the Colorado Avalanche are the front runner for Kreider.

Quoted from main hf boards. Sorry if old.

Reactions: Avs_19

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I wonder if there's any world we can land Domi & Danault. Probably be a fairly costly package, but I'd offer up:
Zadorov+Jost+Kaut+Helleson+2020 first (lottery protected)

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
My play would be to add someone like Pageau if the price is right. Or do nothing. Trade Barberio for a cond. 7th.

But I'm not gonna sit and cry if Sakic buys Kreider from NYR, I think that would at the very least be exciting for this year and I'd like to see him next to MacK and Nuke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad