Prospect Info: 2019 - 2020 Top 20 Blues Prospect List - #18

Who is the #17 Prospect in the Blues Prospect Pool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Top 20 Blues Prospect List:
1) Jordan Kyrou - 91.9%
2) Dominik Bokk - 84.2%
3) Klim Kostin - 43.4%
4) Ville Husso - 41.3%
5) Mitch Reinke - 36.5%
6) Niko Mikkola - 46.1%*
7) Scott Perunovich - 42.1%*
8) Nikita Alexandrov - 48.7%
9) Alexei Toropchenko - 45%
10) Evan Fitzpatrick - 21.6%
11) Erik Foley - 53.7% (tiebreaker)
12) Colten Ellis - 35.9%
13) Mathias Laferriere - 44.4%
14) Tyler Tucker - 32.5%
15) Austin Poganski - 29.8%
16) Keean Washkurak - 48.5%
17) Jake Walman - 36.4%

Jake Walman takes the #17 spot. His story has been one of rise and fall, but he still has some damn exciting weapons with his arsenal. If his defensive positioning and ability ever become passable, he could become a left-handed Shattenkirk at the NHL level with a superb skating ability to boot. But at this late stage, it will be an uphill battle for him to enter the big show.

Onto #18, meaning there will be only three more polls to go. Players like Stevens, McGing, Hofer, and Kaspick are still available, along with the newly acquired players in Joshua and Polei. Not the most esciting when reaching the bottom of the list, but there's always a chance one of these guys gives us a surprise. I mean, stranger things have happened (*cough* *cough* like being a last place team with a bottom-6 point percentage and then proceeding to win the cup *cough*).

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I went with Hofer, although I considered Polei. Hofer probably has the best shot of the remaining prospects if just because of the position he plays. I think he has the highest ceiling of the remaining players too.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Kaspick change to crack AHL roster or goes beer league? Kid is just 21-years old.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I've got McGing closer to 10 than 20, so him.
Surprised Nolan Stevens is such an afterthought...he's a guy who may benefit from 2 or 3 years in the AHL, but be able to contribute as a 25 year old rookie.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I've got McGing closer to 10 than 20, so him.
Surprised Nolan Stevens is such an afterthought...he's a guy who may benefit from 2 or 3 years in the AHL, but be able to contribute as a 25 year old rookie.
Really? That is interesting. I don't even have McGing in my top 20. I will be very surprised if he makes the NHL. He's seems to be getting a lot of love here, so maybe people are seeing something I'm not. Oh well, I value the opinions on this board, and he is a St. Blues prospect, so all power to him.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
We talk about this every year, but I feel like it is it is worth bringing up again. We have no set method of scoring prospects. Some people value the likelihood of whether or not a prospect will make the NHL higher, others value the likelihood of being a Top 6 F/Top 4 D/Starting G higher. So while two of us may see a particular player in the same light, we might have completely different ideas as to where they belong in the rankings.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Really? That is interesting. I don't even have McGing in my top 20. I will be very surprised if he makes the NHL. He's seems to be getting a lot of love here, so maybe people are seeing something I'm not. Oh well, I value the opinions on this board, and he is a St. Blues prospect, so all power to him.
I think he is getting about right amount of love, as 19 or 20 for him seems about right. Nice speed and determination, could maybe contend for bottom 6 role at some point. Nobody at this point on the list is all that likely to be quality NHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad