2019-2020 St. Louis Blues - Defending the Cup - Part 3: The Prelude to Playoff Positioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Gunnarsson to IR
Mikkola recalled

giphy.gif

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Put me in the very small camp of posters (party of 1?) that would endorse taking a run at Kovalchuk if his contract is terminated.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Two weeks ago I'd probably entertain the Kovalchuk idea. Now that Sundqvist is back, Steen is coming back, Blais is not that far away, Kyrou looks good upon his promotion etc. I think we're better off without him, even if he didn't cost anything against the cap.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
What a strange game vs. Chicago. We got goal scoring from unusual sources. And the usually dependable Jay Bouwmeester was a minus three for the game.

I dislike Toews, but I have to admit that he was pretty impressive last night.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Still hard to believe Thomas is only 20 years old. What’s he going to be at 25? 100 point center man?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
What a strange game vs. Chicago. We got goal scoring from unusual sources. And the usually dependable Jay Bouwmeester was a minus three for the game.

I dislike Toews, but I have to admit that he was pretty impressive last night.
Toews lost his man twice leading to goals for the Blues(second Bozak goal, and DLR game tying goal). He made a nice pass to Saad for the second goal and he won a ton of draws, but he was pretty much a net neutral on the game given his terrible defensive play.

Reactions: The Note

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Still hard to believe Thomas is only 20 years old. What’s he going to be at 25? 100 point center man?
As long as he is paired with goal scorers, sky is the limit. He makes several plays per game like the three that found the back of the net last night. The difference last night is the prime scoring chances he creates weren't squandered. He should easily have 15-20 more assists this season that he does.

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
As long as he is paired with goal scorers, sky is the limit. He makes several plays per game like the three that found the back of the net last night. The difference last night is the prime scoring chances he creates weren't squandered. He should easily have 15-20 more assists this season that he does.

There are guys in the NHL that can make decent scorers into 30+ goal scorers. Thornton is a good example of this, Backstrom may be another. I believe Robert Thomas could be this type of player. I'm wondering if Tarasenko and Thomas could become a great scoring duo in the future.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
There are guys in the NHL that can make decent scorers into 30+ goal scorers. Thornton is a good example of this, Backstrom may be another. I believe Robert Thomas could be this type of player. I'm wondering if Tarasenko and Thomas could become a great scoring duo in the future.

I was thinking the same thing. Who would you put on LW?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou
perron - Thomas - Tarasenko
Sanford / Steen - O'Reilly - Bozak
Blais - Sunny - Barbie

Bozak and Steen just don’t fit when everybody is healthy

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Blais - Sunny - Barbie

...How does Bozak not fit when you put him on the 3rd line with no competition?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Blais - Sunny - Barbie

I like the 4th line better than the 3rd. Poor ROR with that lineup

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor