Speculation: 2019-2020 Sharks Roster Discussion Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Given Karlsson's injury concerns I don't think the Sharks will be paying him on both PP units.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Given Karlsson's injury concerns I don't think the Sharks will be paying him on both PP units.

There will be no injury concerns come time for the regular season. He'll be fine. Given how d-men are used on the PP, playing the full two minutes will not be all that taxing. You don't pay Karlsson 11.5 to not maximize his opportunities to produce.

Reactions: Gunnin54

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Sounds like wild fired their gm who was trying to trade Zucker. The owner told Zucker personally. Think that ship has sailed?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I liked that one guy on the trade boards article today. What do we think about Tobias Reider on a pto?

I'd be more about bringing in Phaneuf or Methot on PTOs to get some bigger bodies/Karlsson running mate on the backend. Look to move Dillon in any potential deal for a top 6 winger (I think Zucker might be off the market now and Kreider might be a TDL guy).

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I'd be more about bringing in Phaneuf or Methot on PTOs to get some bigger bodies/Karlsson running mate on the backend. Look to move Dillon in any potential deal for a top 6 winger (I think Zucker might be off the market now and Kreider might be a TDL guy).

I don't know if I'd pick either of those, but I agree I'd like someone who does Dillon's job for a lower cap hit.

Reactions: teddygmr

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I don't know if I'd pick either of those, but I agree I'd like someone who does Dillon's job for a lower cap hit.

Methot I think would be ideal because him and Karlsson have serious chemistry, however there is a good chance he is done and will retire. I'd like to see if he could go. Phaneuf put in the right situation can still contribute IMO. If anything, they could be placeholders while Ferraro gets a few months under his belt in the AHL.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I liked that one guy on the trade boards article today. What do we think about Tobias Reider on a pto?

Lol, yeah let's give a shot to the guy who scored 0 goals while being forcefed top 6 minutes next to McDavid, Draisaitl, and Nugent-Hopkins

No thanks

Edit: read the blurb, dude suggested Schlemko might come back, he was a healthy scratch in favor of Dylan Demelo, there's no way he willingly signs up to play for Pete again

That writer is clearly lacking any context for the Sharks situation

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Calm ur PP's .. I'm pretty interested how DW goes about Marleau. Does he sign him? Honestly the thing is he's going to have to play 4C if he's with us. We have too mny LW's and we're bare on RW so obvs he's better than Goodrow so he should get a spot.

But im also intrigued by the timing, and how DW goes about signing a player who formally left but ran back home. Marleau is definetly a special case, but all variables concerned since we all know he went for money. Wish i could be a fly on that wall lol. I just think he realized how great it is to be a Shark, and after all we've been through. There's only one team we want to see win, and thats the San Jose Sharks.

I am positive DW is looking for a coveted vet NHL player, but honestly, at some point the Barracuda will fill that gap. I think he's waiting to see whats there before any major moves and signing our Real Shark, Joe Thornton. And we'll see if PM rejoins. Like its going to happen.

Hockey Writer - Jaleel excerpts/forum talk

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Lol, yeah let's give a shot to the guy who scored 0 goals while being forcefed top 6 minutes next to McDavid, Draisaitl, and Nugent-Hopkins

No thanks

Edit: read the blurb, dude suggested Schlemko might come back, he was a healthy scratch in favor of Dylan Demelo, there's no way he willingly signs up to play for Pete again

That writer is clearly lacking any context for the Sharks situation
Oh I know I pointed out he was totally wrong on the sharks situation but I actually totally forgot Reider played for the oilers. I thought he was still with the coyotes

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Calm ur PP's .. I'm pretty interested how DW goes about Marleau. Does he sign him? Honestly the thing is he's going to have to play 4C if he's with us. We have too mny LW's and we're bare on RW so obvs he's better than Goodrow so he should get a spot.

But im also intrigued by the timing, and how DW goes about signing a player who formally left but ran back home. Marleau is definetly a special case, but all variables concerned since we all know he went for money. Wish i could be a fly on that wall lol. I just think he realized how great it is to be a Shark, and after all we've been through. There's only one team we want to see win, and thats the San Jose Sharks.

I am positive DW is looking for a coveted vet NHL player, but honestly, at some point the Barracuda will fill that gap. I think he's waiting to see whats there before any major moves and signing our Real Shark, Joe Thornton. And we'll see if PM rejoins. Like its going to happen.

Hockey Writer - Jaleel excerpts/forum talk

Marleau, Kane, and Meier can all play the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad