2019-2020 Memorial Cup Predictions

Discussion in 'Canadian Junior Hockey' started by BrettM, Sep 21, 2019.

1. BrettM Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Kelowna is set to play host to the 2019-2020 Memorial Cup, I thought Id create a thread allowing people to enlist their league predictions. It should be noted, not to toot my own horn but Ive successfully predicted the past two OHL champions in the pre-season along with the 2017-2018 QMJHL champions in Acadie-Bathurst.

My thoughts:

Host:Kelowna Rockets
    Western Hockey League:Edmonton Oil Kings
    Ontario Hockey League:Sudbury Wolves
    Quebec Major Junior Hockey League:Sherbrooke Phoenix

Final:Sudbury over Kelowna

e14 likes this.
  2. alko Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Home Page:
    Vancouver Giants. Not only because there is Milos Roman.

3. hockeyanalyst99 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    This is a great idea to develop 15 and 16 years old kid nationally as we are falling behind compared the Fins and Americans. Add some marketing name, we should call it the National Development Academy, have the kids play against junior B levels. Then, when they turn 17, they can decide to go the CHL , NCAA, or Swiss Elite route. We are falling behind in terms of developing players ' skating and puck carrying skills. Marketing baits are that this does not affect CHL teams( 16 years old play very limited minutes), having the best professional trainers and skill development coaches.

It is time, let 's tweet, post on facebook, push the idea out there. Thank you for supporting Canadian Skill Development and Advancement System

e14 likes this.
  4. robertmac43 Forever 43!

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    My OHL prediction (extremely biased) is the Rangers. I think we have a really balanced team with good older star power. Much is still to be seen in this years draft eligible group, but if they play to their potentials then we should have a very balanced lineup. D-core is also really good and Ingham has game stealing ability.

Again this is biased and slightly hopeful, but after our exit 2 years ago all I can think of is bringing back the glory to Kitch.

5. Fixed to Ruin Come wit it now!

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I kinda like Oshawa. Noel, Studnika, Eggenberger is a nice group of forwards.

I like Edmonton from the west.

I like Moncton from the Q

6. bukwas Stanley Cup 2022

SB Cash:
    $ 700,000
    The Blazers have exceeded my expectations. Clouston has them dialed in and despite the lack of star power they're looking like a dark horse to join the Rockets as WHL reps.

7. Fool on Jon Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Emphasis on "Extremely":laugh:

8. robertmac43 Forever 43!

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Yeah the older star power has not been up to the level I expected out of them.... i have fully waffled to sell off and then hope for a run in 2 years....

Fool on Jon likes this.
  9. Coolmcneil Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Chicoutimi Sagueneens (QMJHL) [Memorial Cup Champion]
    Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL) [Runner Up]
    Sudbury Wolves (OHL)
    Kelowna Rockets (HOST)

The QMJHL takes it the third year in a row! A bit bias because I only follow the Q, but I chose them because they're planned to make some huge moves at the deadline as they have a tone of assets to make it happen. Former M-Cup Champ captain Rafael Harvey-Pinard leads the team followed by many NHL Prospects and upcoming boys. They have one more overager spot left, picking up some good defenders, and possibly picking up Raphael Lavoie and/or Benoit Olivier Groulx at the deadline. There is gonna be some huge blockbuster trades coming out of that organization over the trade period. Watch out!

With the rest of the list I kind of just went off stats. I think Sudbury can add a player or two and a goaltender, Lethbridge is already pretty stacked, and well... Kelowna is kind of just there. lol