Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Report

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
This sucks as sunny has become the player I enjoy the most... well as they say next man up. Big game tomorrow in dallas!

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Read somewhere that Sunny had a walking boot on his foot. Glad it’s not a knee issue, but even a broken foot will likely have him out until early January.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
This is bad news indeed. Four of our twelve regular forwards are out of action.

Can we put a competitive team on the ice?
I'm not worried.

This is opportunity for some AHL'ers show what they have. Team don't have pressure, well I view we shouldn't have pressure to success, we're Champs. Ofc Chief and front office wants team success and players too, but its not end of world like these injuries has been problem = chaos previous years.

Sidenote at some point we'll see that we are missing Tarasenko, Blais, Steen and Sunny (and Kostin), but we've gamebook which will help team to win. Its for everyone clear, ofc new guys have to adapt for it, but like Chief have said it helps if you have guys (vets) who can carry every line when adding new face with them. If we would be situation finding our identity how we play etc. this would look horrendous and we wouldn't see win like last game against Tampa.
Looking deeper our d-core is deeeeeeep and last lock Binnington is elite goaltender who can steal games.

Not worried a single bit
, I'm more like very enthusiastic to see how well Chief and guys can keep team in good competition level when there is so many holes which should automatically affect result wise.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
It sucks that’s we’re missing all these guys but on a positive note. We’re gonna have plenty of opportunity for guys like Thomas, and San Antonio call ups to earn ice time and gain experience. Kyrou soon? Maybe this can improve the bottom of our roster, so when we get everybody back we’re that much better overall.
Also, considering our cup run etc....I don’t hate guys like Blais and sunny who play an extremely grinding style of hockey giving there bodies an extended rest from the regular season.
I think this team will still easily be a playoff team and we can be that much fresher going into the playoffs by seasons end

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Steen is getting close to his reevaluation date.

I didn't hear any remarks about Steen during the telecast last night. It would be nice to get a player back before anyone else goes down.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
WE HAVE A POSITIVE INJURY UPDATE, FOLKS.

I REPEAT: A POSITIVE INJURY UPDATE.

Berube says Steen has started skating, and the Sundqvist injury isn’t as bad as they originally thought. Shouldn’t be long term, and he may go on the road trip next week.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Any word of how Tarasenko is coming along? Any date on his return? Thanks.
He will be evaluated at the end of March. Playoffs start the second week of April, so he might be back by round 1 depending on how he progressed.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
He will be evaluated at the end of March. Playoffs start the second week of April, so he might be back by round 1 depending on how he progressed.
Holy cow...I wasn't aware that this was so long...what exactly happened to him?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I watched the replay on the Sunny injury numerous times. I couldn’t figure out how he was hurt so bad.
From what I've heard, the actual injury occurred earlier in the game and he kept playing trying to finish the game. I guess he aggravated it when he sort of jumped to avoid the hit...which makes sense as Sunny isn't normally the type to shy away from a check.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
With Sanford injury and Poganski assigned does this open up a call for Kyrou? Or maybe someone else? Or is Sunny and or Steen expected back by tuesday?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad