GDT: 2019/2020 GDT Signup Thread: Many spots available (Mar. & Apr. schedule added)17 left

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
@Ugene Malkin I wanted to post a picture for each player in the line-up. How should I go about doing that? I need to make sure theyre the same size and then how would the formatting work?

If you are putting them as lines is the best way. Make them 200Wx300H.

You put each line one after another to come away with 3 pics for each line.

first 3 one after another with no space then drop down a line and repeat until your are done with forwards. then repeat with D-men with pairings together no space and drop down a line until your done with the D-men.

Obviously you don't have to do the drop down a line for pairing the goalies together since it's only one set.

Drop down in between each set as you need if you are gonna write anything like names and their numbers and such.

Or you can add them all to one graphic using whatever programs you are used too. As Eightyone said.

I use Lunapic.com and I'll save the pics I want to add to any piece to my GDT pic file and blend as I load up each one. You can resize them there as well.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
@Malkinstheman
I guess, what it boils down to, is, get your stuff built into an image file, then get it hosted online, then copy the URL into your GDT

Attempting to upload single images here will go poorly.

Just try not to leave a lot of dead space or large margins on your image or when HF automatically scales for mobile it'll be impossible to read. What looks good on PC is sometimes horrible on.mobile.

fragmag

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh
My VERY convoluted way was:

Put them in a table in Word (usually forward group 3x4 then defense 2x3 then goalie 1x2)
Shift+Print-Screen (I think?) and paste into a new MS Paint file
Do cuts and pastes and editing of it all until everything was lined up well
Then save that as like 600x900 image file
Upload that file to Google Images
Hot link the URL from there to here

Lol lol. Yay work computer software limitations plus this site's software limitations!
The problem I had was linking the image I made from photobucket. Photobucket put a big trademark logo on it. So i transferred the pic to google pics, but couldn't get it to link here. Not sure why. I also don't have photoshop anymore, too expensive, but I downloaded GIMP for free and I have a lot of learning to do. I plan on doing a few more as the season goes on. Definitely need practice though.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Gotta make sure your album is public

Then, after you upload, right click open image in New tab, copy that URL then

I think?

You'll figure it out. I went from terrible to just bad over like 40 games last year lol

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Mods: @BHD and @ColePens
@EightyOne , @Clare2904 , @ImporterExporter , @fragmag , @Malkinstheman

I just want to thank you all for helping out and filling Oct. GDT's and starting off Nov.

Obviously we will have this revolving cycle of filling out GDT makers each month, and hopefully we can get some others to help out where they can.

BHD, maybe we should incorporate a signup slogan we can add to the end of every GDT?

"HELP WANTED" Volunteer GDT Maker sign ups at (Link)

I'll throw one together to see what everyone thinks. I won't make it huge or anything. Like a stamp or avatar size to not take away from anyone's GDT.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Do any of you oppose to adding this to the bottom of GDT's?

QF7lGDV.png
4pTbUEm.png

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Please remind me a few days before my turn

Here's your reminder @Clare2904 for Dallas on Sat.

For all:
I will not be doing GDT's due to my job changing status. I have to give all my available efforts to make sure this goes well. I haven't been this taxed about work in 15 years. I'll be in and hang out, make sure that everyone's requests are taken care of, and maybe do one if I can, but that is an unknown at this point.

All I can ask is don't let Eightyone be the only go to guy.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad