Line Combos: 2019-2020 Colorado Avalanche

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I like the Rosen pickup and I’m hopeful he ends up being an underrated part of that deal.

But it worries me that he couldn’t stick with the Leafs last year, despite their defense being subpar. He was the Leafs 10th Dman. While I wouldn’t expect him to beat out Reilly, Gardiner, Muzzin, or Dermott or even Zaitsev/Hainsey, I’d hope he would’ve played more and pushed guys like Igor Ozhiganov (53 gp), Martin Marincin (24), and Justin Holl (11).

He actually was to join the team after Gardiner injured his back, but suffered a foot injury after being struck by a puck. He was a late scratch at training camp to allow him more playing time and would have been the 1st call up. AHL season was fantastic, among their best players and was a 2nd-team All Star. It was almost certain to be joining the Leafs this season.

Sakic must have recognized the potential and planning into the future. Girard is locked. Cole is gone until Xmas or longer, could be trade bait. Byram is the future. Zadorov could be traded rather than lost in the XDraft. This leaves Anderson, Barberio, Conn, Graves & MacDonald for the final spot. Rosen could also be packaged in a trade.

It was a relatively smart understated move. Rosen is nearly NHL ready and fits the AVs game, skating, passing and speed.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Same for landy - kadri - jtc

If they get put in a line together, that would be pestivities all over the place

If they could stay out of the penalty box :laugh: but under certain circumstances for sure although I like Landy with Mack

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I like how according to certain ghosts Rosen still has tons of potential but Barrie was already slowing down...despite there being just 2 n a half years between them. Shows a lot of intellectual honesty to be that consistent...

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I know things sounded somewhat encouraging on EJ but I predict he isn’t ready to start the season. Almost all these borderline guys that we question how they’ll ever fit into our lineup will play a large chunk of NHL hockey this season. Even if Byram makes it.

Girard Makar
Zadorov Rosen
Connauton Byram

Insert Barbs/Graves/Meloche if any other injuries come/Bo gets sent back.

This may legitimately be our starting 6 on opening night. I know we have this great young defense going forward but we may struggle a little out the gate.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I know things sounded somewhat encouraging on EJ but I predict he isn’t ready to start the season. Almost all these borderline guys that we question how they’ll ever fit into our lineup will play a large chunk of NHL hockey this season. Even if Byram makes it.

Girard Makar
Zadorov Rosen
Connauton Byram

This may legitimately be our starting 6 on opening night. I know we have this great young defense going forward but we may struggle a little out the gate.

I like the soft sell :laugh:

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I like how according to certain ghosts Rosen still has tons of potential but Barrie was already slowing down...despite there being just 2 n a half years between them. Shows a lot of intellectual honesty to be that consistent...

Totally different situation. Apples to oranges. That's intellectually honest.

Reactions: Foxtail

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Barrie's skating slowed after the knee from Cooke not that he was ever a great skater

If Rosen ever plays in the NHL for us bonus if not no biggie, he does provide depth for now

Last edited:

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Barrie's skating slowed after the knee from Cooke not that he was ever a great skater

If Rosen ever plays in the NHL for us bonus if not no biggie, he does provide depth for now

I can't believe the level of stupidity of constantly revisiting Barrie?

Barrie was leaving after this season, replaceable after drafting Byram, rise of Makar, expensive asking for $8M+ and role was diminishing. A contract problem that would have cast a distracting shadow over this incoming season. Sakic was proactive to dump his contract problems for 3 years of labor peace and getting a 2C to fill the most urgent need of the team.

Kadri was the core asset. Rosen + 3rd were essentially added for Kerfoot. Not really sure why this seems so difficult to understand. Barrie is finally gone and not coming back even as a UFA!
:towel:

Buckwheat - Clap.gif

Reactions: Foxtail

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Girard Makar
Zadorov Rosen
Connauton Byram

I believe EJ will be ready or close for the Season Opener. Cole is likely gone until Xmas. The problems will likely be on the 3rd line, which many of the fringe players/prospects will be playing. Might be a little bit of a struggle, but allows for some value experience the opportunity.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
I can't believe the level of stupidity of constantly revisiting Barrie?

Barrie was leaving after this season, replaceable after drafting Byram, rise of Makar, expensive asking for $8M+ and role was diminishing. A contract problem that would have cast a distracting shadow over this incoming season. Sakic was proactive to dump his contract problems for 3 years of labor peace and getting a 2C to fill the most urgent need of the team.

Kadri was the core asset. Rosen + 3rd were essentially added for Kerfoot. Not really sure why this seems so difficult to understand. Barrie is finally gone and not coming back even as a UFA!
:towel:

View attachment 248911
Amen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad