NBC GAMES

DateAwayHomeTime (ET)
Fri., Nov. 29#N.Y. RangersBoston1 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sun., Jan. 19BostonPittsburgh12:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sun., Feb. 9BostonDetroit12:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sun., Feb. 16BostonN.Y. RangersNBC3:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
NBCSN 2019-20 NHL “Wednesday Night Hockey” schedule (subject to change):

December 11BostonWashington7 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
February 5BostonChicago8 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
February 12MontrealBoston7:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
NBC Sports Group 2019-20 NHL regular-season schedule (subject to change):
*Some games will be blacked out in local markets and televised in those markets by a regional carrier.

Sat., Oct. 26St. LouisBostonNBCSN7 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tues., Nov. 5BostonMontrealNBCSN7:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Thur., Feb. 27DallasBostonNBCSN7:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tues., March 3BostonTampa BayNBCSN7:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tues., March 10BostonPhiladelphiaNBCSN7 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Trash....you buy the NHL Package for $120 and get 12 games +3- 4 games against the Sabres (considered local for me) blacked out. That’s nearly 1/4 of the season.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
12 games with Pierre & Doc. Where's the vomit emoticom when you need it? :dunno:

Marchand sashays across the blue line, curls back. Hands it off to Chara...the SHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWT....Waffleboarded by Lundqvist

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
__JEVaNL_400x400.jpg

NBC GAMES

DateAwayHomeTime (ET)
Fri., Nov. 29#N.Y. RangersBoston1 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sun., Jan. 19BostonPittsburgh12:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sun., Feb. 9BostonDetroit12:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sun., Feb. 16BostonN.Y. RangersNBC3:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
NBCSN 2019-20 NHL “Wednesday Night Hockey” schedule (subject to change):

December 11BostonWashington7 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
February 5BostonChicago8 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
February 12MontrealBoston7:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
NBC Sports Group 2019-20 NHL regular-season schedule (subject to change):
*Some games will be blacked out in local markets and televised in those markets by a regional carrier.

Sat., Oct. 26St. LouisBostonNBCSN7 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tues., Nov. 5BostonMontrealNBCSN7:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Thur., Feb. 27DallasBostonNBCSN7:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tues., March 3BostonTampa BayNBCSN7:30 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tues., March 10BostonPhiladelphiaNBCSN7 p.m.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Two Montreal games. I know someone who will be displeased....

1LfZmELt1Ymuk.gif

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Trash....you buy the NHL Package for $120 and get 12 games +3- 4 games against the Sabres (considered local for me) blacked out. That’s nearly 1/4 of the season.
Hey man, could be worse. I get the NBC ones plus Rangers, Islanders, and Devils all blacked out.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Or: "And corralling the puck now, is Maarchaandd-he makes it look so easy doesn't he, doc? Crosses the blue linee-And a ShAwaUght is now gloved by Luundqvist"

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
12 games with Pierre & Doc. Where's the vomit emoticom when you need it? :dunno:

I understand people tagging on Pierre, but Doc is very good. I would rather listen to Doc over Jack Edwards any day.

Give me Goucher over any of them tho.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Bumping this.

What are people’s thoughts on NBC’s coverage during the return to play?

Im very impressed with the coverage, overall.

•Plenty of channels to show all of the games including NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, and USA

•Pre-game, intermission, and post game shows are pretty good. A lot of new faces in addition to the familiar ones.

•In game crews have been pretty good as well. I like the Forslund, Milbury, Boucher crew. I’ve also enjoyed Kenny Albert with Pierre in Edmonton.

•Camera angles and graphics have been mostly good. A few hiccups here and there. Audio and image have felt superior to NESN’s remote telecast. I’m sure @Fenway could go into greater detail as to how they make the sausage so to speak.

Some of the commercials though... when you’re watching 5-6 games per day, they get a BIT repetitive.

The rights package is set to expire soon. Do you want the NHL to remain on NBC or would you like to see ESPN or Fox get another crack at it?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bumping this.

•Plenty of channels to show all of the games including NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, and USA

•Pre-game, intermission, and post game shows are pretty good. A lot of new faces in addition to the familiar ones.

•In game crews have been pretty good as well. I like the Forslund, Milbury, Boucher crew. I’ve also enjoyed Kenny Albert with Pierre in Edmonton.

•Camera angles and graphics have been mostly good. A few hiccups here and there. Audio and image have felt superior to NESN’s remote telecast. I’m sure @Fenway could go into greater detail as to how they make the sausage so to speak.

Some of the commercials though... when you’re watching 5-6 games per day, they get a BIT repetitive.

The rights package is set to expire soon. Do you want the NHL to remain on NBC or would you like to see ESPN or Fox get another crack at it?

NESN is hampered by having nobody on location and I mean nobody

They have access to the NHL world feed and one camera from NBC that is dedicated for NESN.

Tonight NBC has the impossible job of trying to keep themselves, CBC, TVAS, FOX Carolina, and NESN happy.

giphy.gif

Reactions: smithformeragent

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Bumping this.

I only have one quibble - we're at a point where NBCSN is the "base" network and NHLN can be used for overflow coverage (ie the start of a game if the NBCSN game runs into OT). And since only two arenas are active it's not that hard to juggle.

However, there have been a couple of times when both networks are showing the same OT game, or the end of an exciting game, and another game that's starting isn't available on broadcast. I know - NBCSN app. But I frequently pause and/or record games to watch later. IIRC a few days ago NBCSN kept interrupting the NYI game with the game in Edmonton.

I wish there were an NBCSN+ - that way games could be assigned to channels with no crossover (except for live look-ins and/or score updates). I get that you can't take over USA or CNBC to show the start of a game because NBCSN is now following the NHLN game. I also get that NBCSN always wants to show the best "product" - if I have to pick one, then yeah, I want the OT game. And there's a lot of folks who don't get NHLN.

I like Forslund/Boucher. Milbury's "crusty old guy" persona is wearing on me - and that was before his comments on Rask. And while I've always said "Shut up Pierre" jokingly - I'm actually now getting tired of him too. Perhaps I'm the crusty guy.

I skip most intermission stuff so I can't really comment on that. I like the camera angles but I know they'll go once we get back to "normalish". But I think NBC's done a pretty damn good job overall - and that's even without handicapping for working in a pandemic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad