2019-2020 Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Babcock should have been fired after they dropped game 7 to the Bruins last year. Dubas has to figure out what to do with Barrie and if he continues to struggle I see him gone as a warning to the locker room.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think this may end up being a lesson--no matter how big-ticket he may be, it's probably not a good idea to hire a coach before you hire the general manager who will be his boss.

And don't give him an 8 year contract so he thinks he's got enough job security not to give a shit about what the GM wants.

Reactions: Pokecheque

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It’s a shame that such an incredibly talented player like Panarin is going to waste his prime playing for the Rangers. Oh, what could’ve been...
Not that worried about the Rangers going forward. They have a decent prospect pool and some ugly contracts coming off the books.

Reactions: S3rkie

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It’s a shame that such an incredibly talented player like Panarin is going to waste his prime playing for the Rangers. Oh, what could’ve been...
100% his fault. Columbus wasn't attractive enough for him? Let him fail in a big market. Same as Tavares.

Reactions: obZen

Tike Myson

Jan 1, 2019
USA

Oh sure, now they blow the whistle instantly.

source.gif

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Don’t blame him for choosing the location, but he’s not making the playoffs in at least the next 3 years, and the rangers are worse off having him ruin their draft position.

When he realizes his mistake, tell him to give us a call, but don’t wait too long. This train’s already left the station.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I know we’re still ravaged by injuries, but can someone explain why we’re only -105 against the mild tonight? Seems like a really solid bet. What am I missing?

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Tavares was supposedly absent from practice yesterday. Hope he’s out through the weekend.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Not that worried about the Rangers going forward. They have a decent prospect pool and some ugly contracts coming off the books.

Sure, but it takes time to let the youth grow into the players they were drafted to be, and by the point they're competing for the playoffs, Panarin will be past his prime. I won't fault the guy for choosing his location in UFA, but he missed a big opportunity to play for the Avs during their Cup window.

Don’t blame him for choosing the location, but he’s not making the playoffs in at least the next 3 years, and the rangers are worse off having him ruin their draft position.

When he realizes his mistake, tell him to give us a call, but don’t wait too long. This train’s already left the station.

This is the big thing for me - he had his chance to hop on the Avs train and missed it. Would've made more money here than in NY, too. If he wants out after failing with the rebuilding Rangers for a few years, I would take him, but I wouldn't pay all that much for him.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Sure, but it takes time to let the youth grow into the players they were drafted to be, and by the point they're competing for the playoffs, Panarin will be past his prime. I won't fault the guy for choosing his location in UFA, but he missed a big opportunity to play for the Avs during their Cup window.

This is the big thing for me - he had his chance to hop on the Avs train and missed it. Would've made more money here than in NY, too. If he wants out after failing with the rebuilding Rangers for a few years, I would take him, but I wouldn't pay all that much for him.
Correct - you either pay the player ($$$) or you pay the team (in assets). You don’t/can’t pay both in the cap world.

That’s actually one of the biggest issues with Hall. We can’t pay him $10-11m/year AND give up a bunch of guys on cheap/ELC deals, or else we end up like the leafs (although their situation is a little different).

Reactions: Papa Francouz

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Correct - you either pay the player ($$$) or you pay the team (in assets). You don’t/can’t pay both in the cap world.

That’s actually one of the biggest issues with Hall. We can’t pay him $10-11m/year AND give up a bunch of guys on cheap/ELC deals, or else we end up like the leafs (although their situation is a little different).

All we have to do if that happens is fire Bednar and promote Cronin! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I alluded to that scenario after the Calvert incident, and I’m not surprised that it happened. I’m not sure they even realize how incoherent they are.
This video should be pinned right at the top of the Calvert thread on the main boards.
Do people really don't understand that they don't automatically blow the whistle because they don't want to stop the play for a player faking an injury? Do you think a ref would fake an injury so the team with possession loses the puck?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It seems like this would have been a simple move for Babcock to make as well, particularly with Marner out.

But then he wouldn't learn how to contribute points on PP2.

People like Babcock think changing your mind on things like this makes you look weak.

3h4f7e.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad