2019-2020 Around the League Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I almost got used to Leafs sucking and the meltdown in Toronto. C'mon Penguins, do something.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
This is going to be a very controversial opinion and I expect to get flamed for it. Even though I agree Benn should have been suspended, OEL deserves a lot of the blame on this hit. The second replay in the .gif shows that OEL was very aware that Benn was closing in...they are both angling straight for the puck. OEL was definitely going to get to the puck first. Instead of just chipping the puck deeper into the O zone or back toward the blue line to Chychrun, he continued to turn his back to Benn, came to a full stop just a few feet from the boards and tried to take possession of the puck. I see more and more players turning their back to oncoming hits and it's driving me nuts. If he just played the puck instead of stopping and turning his back to Benn, it would've resulted in hard but clean hit. Like I said, I do believe the hit was was dirty but it would never have happened if OEL was more aware and responsible for his own safety.

Yes, players have a responsibility to not deliver the hit in this situation. I do believe Benn should have been suspended. I just happen to believe players also have a responsibility to quit turning their backs to a hit and take more responsibility for the way they play a puck in this situation. OEL was an idiot in this regard.

Flame away.
I thought that on first view too.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yotes are useless, from their shitty offense to their 12 year old GM. Getting Hall was such a dumb move for them. Talk about a player that doesnt fit the style or the system the team plays. Paid a price for him and gonna lose him for nothing.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Pitts could have really damaged the Leafs season if they showed up tonight.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yotes just need to have bunch of grinders and try to grind out wins all season long. Players like Kessel and Hall are not their cup of tea

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yotes just need to have bunch of grinders and try to grind out wins all season long. Players like Kessel and Hall are not their cup of tea

The way Kessel is playing this year vs the way Sullivan and the Pens are doing without him...hmm...

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The way Kessel is playing this year vs the way Sullivan and the Pens are doing without him...hmm...
Obviously Kessel is just not a good fit in Arizona. Even after the trade a lot of people were questioning that move.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
That's the only place he wanted to go though.
Yeah smart move. From Crosby, Malkin and contender Pens to Arizona train to nowhere. I wonder if the whole Malkin not wanting to play with Kessel was true

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Yeah smart move. From Crosby, Malkin and contender Pens to Arizona train to nowhere. I wonder if the whole Malkin not wanting to play with Kessel was true

Do you think Kessel cares if he plays another playoff game in his career?

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Do you think Kessel cares if he plays another playoff game in his career?

And we’re all the lesser for it.

iu

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Trade zadorov, Jost, 1st, prospect (Ranta/Helleson) for Drouin, Chariot

Trade Compher + Conditional pick for Pageau

Profit
Landeksog - MacKinnon - Burakovsky
Drouin - kadri - Rantanen
Nuke - Pageau - Donskoi
Nieto - Bellemare - Calvert
Kam/LOC/Kaut

Graves - Makar
Girard - Johnson
Chariot - Cole
Timmins, Barb, connaughton

Grub
Frank

Couldn't hurt to get a guy like David Savard too, or a different #7 D, but not sure we make that many moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad