OT: 2019-20 World Junior Championships Draft Scoring

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The broken stick penalty is a legit penalty. He legit swung his broken stick at a guy. Like the exact scenario that the rule is there to prevent; super needlessly dangerous, last thing anyone needs is a bunch of weird fiberglass shards stuck in their skin.

The camera one is iffy. I read somewhere that all camera's mounted on the boards, not just the TSN one had been designated as "in play" prior to the tournament to prevent this very controversy, but that could be horse**** too.

You win some you lose some. That 'stick holding' call in the first was a joke, and the tip-in the Russians got on that power-play seemed questionable at first (although depending on camera angle, some of the replays looked like it was below the crossbar).

Not to mention, the Penalties were literally 7-6. The one that killed the Russians more than the over the glass call was the Broken Stick call, which given that they literally called that as a penalty against Canada earlier in the game, there isn't even an argument.
That wasn’t the stick penalty I was talking about. It was the one where the Russian player flicked the Canadian players stick out of his hands and it went flying through the air. The Canadians got called for doing the same thing earlier in the game.

The one you’re talking about was just dumb. No reason at all for the kid not to have dropped his broken stick. It’s not like he could have played with it or not have noticed it. Kids do dumb things when they lose their composure I guess.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I liked that drysdale kid and thought he had some nice poise.

Also macelli, jenik and stuzle looked pretty deadly at times. Musarov was intriguing too.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So there actually is a rule on delay of game where hitting the scoreclock or any device over the ice surface is no penalty. And the camera hangs 50% over the ice. Hehe, maybe they should figure out their camera situation, but by the rules, the no call was 100% valid. I imagine next year cameras will be placed backwards a bit so they never actually hang over the glass.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Thank you all for providing the great competition. I came late or replied the last so I got the 8th pick, joking but 8 is lucky for myself. The last time I won I selected 8th.

Too many gambles on my depth players. Although I felt good enough with my team going in. All luck of the draw.

Everyone is most welcome that I had to interfere with the @Soli 3-peat. Although look how close that was to happening.

Good job to everyone. Even you @McGhostbuster

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3