2019-20 Utica Comets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
BOUCHER!!!!!

Nets an open net rebound.

2-0 Comets 19:41

Goldobin on the left fed Juolevi in the high slot. His shot was stopped, but the rebound came directly to Boucher and he hit the yawning open side.

Boucher from Juolevi and Goldobin

Goldobin replaced Baertschi at the start of this PP. It's possible he is the first choice for PP1, but I think Sven had just come off before the penalty call. The 2 can easily replace one another on the left side on either PP unit.

Last edited:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Thanks for the commentary BG!

Man, say what you want about Boucher, but he's an absolute goal machine at the AHL level. A very valuable piece to have in the organization. I'd keep giving him lucrative 2-way contracts with a hefty AHL salary to stay in the organization. Can't let this guy go.

Reactions: Red

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

Man, say what you want about Boucher, but he's an absolute goal machine at the AHL level. A very valuable piece to have in the organization. I'd keep giving him lucrative 2-way contracts with a hefty AHL salary to stay in the organization. Can't let this guy go.

Want to put that in writing and send it to Benning, please?

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

Sorry, I was late getting this one up. I just got in from Rochester. Visiting my bro who is in the hospital. There was just under 4 minutes left by the time I figured out this lineup. Still not positive which of those 3 guys is the center on that 4th line. It doesn't really matter. None of them are centers and their jobs are to just fill 3 lanes and try to get off the ice with a clean slate. It's been an adventure so far. They have threatened offensively a couple times.

This line would normally have Hamilton in the middle, but the vet issue has him sitting. He IS better than any one of these 3 in the middle, but such is the way Cull's mind works.The 6 vets he has in the lineup are the best 6 healthy.

Last edited:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Sorry, I was late getting this one up. I just got in from Rochester. Visiting my who bro is in the hospital. There was just under 4 minutes left by the time I figured out this lineup. Still not positive which of those 3 guys is the center on that 4th line. It doesn't really matter. None of them are centers and their jobs are to just fill 3 lanes and try to get off the ice with a clean slate. It's been an adventure so far. They have threatened offensively a couple times.

This line would normally have Hamilton in the middle, but the vet issue has him sitting. He IS better than any one of these 3 in the middle, but such is the way Cull's mind works.The 6 vets he has in the lineup are the best 6 healthy.
I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Obviously it's serious if he's in the hospital but I hope it's not TOO serious if you catch my meaning. How's he doing?

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Boucher line turns it over at the Pens blueline and the Pens get a good chance in transition.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
4th line out again. Comets to the PK on a really lazy trip by Arseneau.

That didn't take long. 6 seconds.

McItnyre is weak covering rebounds right in front of him. Seems weird since he is always on his knees.

2-1 Comets

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets lazy at the moment and the pens pick it up.

Not moving their feet and doing a lot of watching. Shots are 6-1 this period for the Pens.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets have nearly turned it over for clean breaks twice already/2nd unit.

Bailey tripped. No Call. 2 on 1. miss the net.

Boucher turns it over for a 2 on 0 breakaway against. Mac the save.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Very unimpressed with the PK units.

He said as the Pens score again. 2 shorthanded goals.

2-2

This one took 12 seconds. 2 times as many seconds as the first one.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Very similar to the 3rd period last week. Got a decent lead and went into a sleepy lackadaisical effort. Prosperity spoils these guys.

Another breakaway and this Pen misses too.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Chatfield wipes out carrying the puck into the neutral zone recovers on his ass and get it back to Teves whose weak pass is misplayed by a Pen or it would have been another chance for the Pens. Teves is unimpressive. What a mess that was.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Jasek gets a hooking penalty.

5:09 left. Can they kill more than 12 seconds? This is where that Vet D-man really shows up. Sautner and Blujus have been the first pairing in the past.

Boucher whiffs on a clearing effort.

They get the puck and then turn it over. A LOT!!

:50 seconds left.
Bailey stopped on a SH breakaway. Speed kills.

Get the kill.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets in 3 on 1 but Gadjovich had the puck and elected to simply shoot. Kicked out for a 3 on 2 coming back. Save made.
Comets go back up the ice and draw a penalty.

The Comets keep trying to pass the puck through the box instead of moving the puck stick to stick quickly to get the Pens out of position. Then that cross ice pass opens up.

MacEwen misses the open net on a feed from Goldy.

Gadjovich in alone and pulled down from behind. Camper a great pass to spring him.

Penalty Shot!

Here we go and an easy stop on a backhand right on top of the keeper. He got in way too close.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
penalty killed.

Period ends and it's now

2-2

SOG:
14-10 Pens

2 period total
24- 21 Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.