Boston Bruins 2019-20 Schedule - Bruins open October 3rd in Dallas

KingKrug47

May 21, 2019
Oct 3 @ Dallas
Oct 5 @Arizona

Early season west road trip it seems. Wonder if Cali teams will be in that swing before our home opener too

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Oct 3 @ Dallas
Oct 5 @Arizona

Early season west road trip it seems. Wonder if Cali teams will be in that swing before our home opener too

Too many games - you'd have to do 7-(8/9)-10, and then fly home from California for media on the 11th and a game on the 12th. Seems unnecessarily cruel. Plus it means a later stop in Vegas with the closest teams probably being the Western Canada teams, which doesn't make sense.

There's probably 1 or 2 more games before we come home - I agree with Fenway that Colorado's likely, since we had a COL-DAL-ARI trip last year. But the year before it was COL-ARI-VGK, so adding COL and VGK as a four-team southwest trip is an outside possibility - or another random team on the way home.

No times on any of the games - wonder if our Saturday opener is a matinee or a night game.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm just glad they didn't schedule us for St. Louis's home opener and banner raising to rub it in our faces more

Reactions: Alicat

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I'm just glad we don't have to wait an extra two months for hockey to return like some fans. Early season games are not great anyway, so get one of the west coast trips out of the way now. I'm good with that.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Most likely they will play a third road game in Denver before coming home

Hope your wrong we don’t play very well vs Colorado and always seem to have the 2 games against them in October going back forever.

Nothing like a couple of ****ty west coast matchups and then the freaking Devils to get you pumped for the new year :shakehead

Short off season give me points. We have a good record vs Seggy and NJD and Arizona might be 2 worst teams in the league.

Been ages since we have opened on a Saturday night love that and it not being a team who will break the bank to get tix to. Hope they take Hughes.

Now I just need @Vancouver the week before Christmas haven’t been to a game there since 2011 and assuming there’s some snow it’s time to go back to Whistler for my pre Christmas vacation will be 3 years since the last.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I'm just glad they didn't schedule us for St. Louis's home opener and banner raising to rub it in our faces more

The St. Louis trip usually gets coupled with Chicago ... which is always a Sunday in the second half of the year in the NBC TV window.

Seems there are three western swings a year - VAN-CGY-EDM, LA-ANA-SJ and some combo of AZ-COL-VGK. Sometimes Dallas gets added to that one and Vegas gets grafted onto the California trip. I assume Seattle will be added to the Western Canada swing for most teams.

The B’s almost always end up in Colorado/Arizona in October on the circus trip, so it’s not a massive surprise they’re starting with the DAL-AZ swing.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

There's no way they'd double down and have a SCF rematch on top of opening night. That's why the Bruins typically get blah opening nights (Devils, Senators, and Red Wings were the last three) - they figure the lure of opening night is enough to draw people in. No need to have the Habs play us then.

Oh, and there's technically no more circus trip in October - no more Barnum and Bailey since 2016. But October already has 6 concerts, plus whatever preseason/season games the Celtics play. Starting with a road trip was almost inevitable.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I usually journey to Dallas for the Bruins' annual game but skipped it this past season. The Bruins were decimated with injuries, and it was too far and too expensive to see a squad with so many AHLers.

But opening the season?

If they stay healthy during the pre-season, it should be the full squad.

I'm also going under the assumption that sometime between now and then I find forgiveness toward the B's, since I'm still stewing over the egg they laid in Game 7. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad