2019/20 Roster Thread XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Friedman hasn't been shit on by a majority of the league while getting dragged around by some of the leagues best defenders nearly enough to be respected by his teammates and improve locker room culture the way Braun has

I'm a big fan of making Friedman a regular #6/7 next season, but I won't be expecting miracles if he's playing with Hagg a lot of the time the way Braun had to. That pairing had huge puck luck which could not have lasted much longer.

Justin Braun - Teammates - On Ice - Natural Stat Trick

Braun with Sanheim in 357:01
CF% 56.66
xGA/60 2.11
GA/60 2.85

Braun with Hagg in 257:34

CF% 41.4
xGA/60 2.11
GA/60 1.4

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebels57

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
If the Flyers are looking at a cheaper alternative to Braun, Trevor Van Riemsdyk might be an option.

though not very realistic, I would like to improve the third pairing by pushing Niskanen down there.
Maybe they could move JVR’s contract and bring in TJ Brodie.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I like how even the people who bend themselves into pretzels to defend the staff are assuming they're stupid enough to trade Ghost. :laugh:

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
The team doesn’t need much work besides some overhead changes like Therrien off the PP and small lineup changes.

I somewhat think Fletcher may look into (not just following the trail of the dumb Philly writers) Matt Martin/Mark Boroweicki which is a wrong decision X1000. Both said the flyers couldn’t match the physicality and speed/smarts is a good thing to counteract that. We have fast and smart players (Ghost, Frost, etc) to fill our lineup and get some slow players out.

I am really excited for training camp. I can’t wait to see what Allison can bring (he’s my favorite prospect rn)

Yeah, I absolutely have no idea how Therrien can't be replaced, this is the worst Flyers PP I can honestly remember. Even guys like Giroux should be getting way more opportunities, the PP doesn't involve as much athleticism as some of the other aspects of the game. That's why so you see guys continue to pile up the points on the PP even late in their careers because of their skill / vision and such.. Shits not happening with Therrien though. I'd really like to see Myers get a shot on the point on the PP 2 and Sanheim get some PP 1 time. I think Myers shot is super underrated and Sanheim has top PPQB written all over him just needs a chance, I love provorov but hes not a PPQB imo

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, I absolutely have no idea how Therrien can't be replaced, this is the worst Flyers PP I can honestly remember. Even guys like Giroux should be getting way more opportunities, the PP doesn't involve as much athleticism as some of the other aspects of the game. That's why so you see guys continue to pile up the points on the PP even late in their careers because of their skill / vision and such.. Shits not happening with Therrien though. I'd really like to see Myers get a shot on the point on the PP 2 and Sanheim get some PP 1 time. I think Myers shot is super underrated and Sanheim has top PPQB written all over him just needs a chance, I love provorov but hes not a PPQB imo
It's simple.

AV and Fletcher are equally as stupid as Therrien.

That's it.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
If Hagg isn't re-signed I'll show feet

K5jb.gif

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Let me just put it this way. I'd be ok with trading JVR in a very specific situation: Sandin proves a good (or better) bottom 6 player, Patrick returns healthy and effective, Laz proves to be a solid 4C, and Frost solidifies himself

If those boxes are checked, only then would a move involving JVR be defensible.

Reactions: Adtar02 and Magua

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Let me just put it this way. I'd be ok with trading JVR in a very specific situation: Sandin proves a good (or better) bottom 6 player, Patrick returns healthy and effective, Laz proves to be a solid 4C, and Frost solidifies himself

If those boxes are checked, only then would a move involving JVR be defensible.

Way to f*** up our chain, bruh. PM a mod to delete this. Thank you.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The only reason to trade JVR is "fit."
You have G, Farabee, Lindblom and Raffl as LW, and Laughton is better at LW than center.
So playing JVR means benching/moving one of them to RW and benching two of NAK/Sandin/Laczynski.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
At this point, I dearly hope we trade Ghost. We're just sabotaging him at this point. It's f***ing unconscionable.
He deserves far better than the horrible misuse he's endured over the past two years. I've never seen such a good player get screwed over so badly.

But I somehow doubt our horrible staff are self-aware enough to realize he deserves to be free of them, so if they trade him it'll be for the wrong reasons. :laugh:

It's not even like he's played poorly and he needs to go somewhere else to play better again. He was very good individually but that just didn't translate to the scoreboard because of things outside of his control. All they would need to do is use him properly and it'd be like magically adding a top pair defensemen out of nowhere.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I like how even the people who bend themselves into pretzels to defend the staff are assuming they're stupid enough to trade Ghost. :laugh:
Oh they’re stupid enough to trade Ghost and do all kinds of other asinine things.

This message brought to you by Michel Therrien. Michel Therrien, ruining powerplays with mismatched big boy pants and by Nate Thompson because winning faceoffs is what we live for.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh they’re stupid enough to trade Ghost and do all kinds of other asinine things.

This message brought to you by Michel Therrien. Michel Therrien, ruining powerplays with mismatched big boy pants and by Nate Thompson because winning faceoffs is what we live for.
Oh trust me, I know that. You know that. Most of us know that.

I'm just pointing out that it's funny that the same people who got worked up when the staff was called idiots or incompetent are now completely convinced that the staff is going to do something that proves that they're incompetent idiots. :laugh: And yet next year you can bet they'll go right back to turd polishing everything they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce