Roster Moves: 2019/20 Roster Thread XXVII (Braun, Gostisbehere Surgery Out 3 Weeks; Friedman and Kase recalled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I can think of someone who says that, quite frequently tbh.

Of course teamates matter, but Ghost is having a terrible year. Is it all usage?

I already posted, with little research and advanced stat checking i fully admit, but based on some quick reading Keith Yandle still managed to pop up 47 points from the bottom pair and 2nd PP unit under AV

I doubt anyone has accused Yandle of being a true top pair dman, yet somehow our very own "top pair" Ghost is being sunk by AV?

I think there's a little more to the situation than Ghost is being f***ed over by AV imo
Ghost ISN'T having a horrible year. He isn't getting points. There IS a difference.

2016/16 is the only year Yandle had 47 points, so I assume that is the year you are talking about. Now look deeper into that year:

Yandle LED the NYR in ES TOI.
Yandle tied for 4th in ES TOI/game at 17:18. The 3 above played 17:28, 17:48, 17:49. That is the epitome of rolling all 3 pairings seeing how that had 5 Dmen play within 17:18-17:49 a game. That's a 1 shift difference. So does 1 more shift make him go from a 3rd pairing guy to a top pairing guy?

No idea who his most common linemates were, but that would be an interesting fact to see.

Yandle played BY FAR the most minutes on the PP that year....a year where he had 22 PP points. So those 47 points were propped up by the PP points. At ES, he tied Kevin Klein for top spot with 25. McDonough had 24.

So what Yandle was that year, was the Dman who had the most PP TOI, the most ES TOI, and most total TOI. Is that Ghost this year? Or last year? No.

The situations are not comparable at all.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
For emphasis
Ghost ISN'T having a horrible year. He isn't getting points. There IS a difference.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If I remember correctly, Striiker went on a 2-week hunger strike when Lidstrom was inducted to the HOF before Ghost was, and who can forget this classic quote from him:

As for the third point...I mean is that a hyperbole? I feel like that's not an entirely inaccurate characterization.
The key giveaway that you're remembering incorrectly is that the only thing less likely than Striiker voluntarily passing up a meal is Striiker buying a Robert Hagg jersey. ;)

Striiker is more of a "get caught committing arson" kind of guy than a "hunger strike" kind of guy.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hopefully this isn't a "back in three weeks for one week, then out for the season" scenario.

Well the good news is that this is the Flyers and their training staff so they'll probably just soak him in an ice filled bath tub and oh shit who am I kidding this is the Flyers there isn't good news to be had

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah dawg I never make jokes.

source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad