2019/20 Roster Thread XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Is your alt called "tugstifier"? Asking for a friend.

giphy.gif

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
And we're still missing Patrick
There’s a lot of reinforcements still to come. We got the first wave with farabee and Myers cementing their place. Laughton replacing twar is the next step. I can’t help but hope patrick comes back but I’m really tempering my expectations for him. Frost, I think has the skill set and the moxie that a young giroux had. He could come in and be a difference maker, injecting an overload of skill to the third line.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There’s a lot of reinforcements still to come. We got the first wave with farabee and Myers cementing their place. Laughton replacing twar is the next step. I can’t help but hope patrick comes back but I’m really tempering my expectations for him. Frost, I think has the skill set and the moxie that a young giroux had. He could come in and be a difference maker, injecting an overload of skill to the third line.

We need, however, to temper expectations.

The kids that succeed quickly can fool fans into thinking every prospect can succeed quickly.

Sanheim was a 21 year old rookie who struggled, even at 23 he's still inconsistent.
Myers also struggled last spring at 22, seems to have turned a corner this fall, we'll see. He'll be 23 in January.
Provorov was an instant starter at 19, but at 22 still needs to take his game to the next level.
TK struggled as a 19 year old rookie, flashed the second half of his 20 year old season, regressed at 21, may have turned the corner at 22.
Farabee has stepped in as a 19 year old, but makes his share of mistakes and lacks strength for his style of play - by 22???

Frost is 20 in the AHL, if he comes up in January he'll still be a 20 year old rookie.
Brink is 18 in college, so is York, if they go pro at 20 a half season in the AHL won't be the worst thing.
Zamula will be 20 in the AHL next year, depending how fast he puts on strength, he may spend a year or two in the AHL.

And so on. These and other players (Hogberg, Kalynuk, Lycksell, Cates, etc) will be staggered over the next 2-4 years.
There's no reason to rush them as we build up depth, letting the players in front of them establish themselves as NHL players will improve their trade value while giving the prospects behind them time to be NHL ready instead of having to learn on the job.

Reactions: Dr Hook McCraken

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
We need, however, to temper expectations.

The kids that succeed quickly can fool fans into thinking every prospect can succeed quickly.

Sanheim was a 21 year old rookie who struggled, even at 23 he's still inconsistent.
Myers also struggled last spring at 22, seems to have turned a corner this fall, we'll see. He'll be 23 in January.
Provorov was an instant starter at 19, but at 22 still needs to take his game to the next level.
TK struggled as a 19 year old rookie, flashed the second half of his 20 year old season, regressed at 21, may have turned the corner at 22.
Farabee has stepped in as a 19 year old, but makes his share of mistakes and lacks strength for his style of play - by 22???

Frost is 20 in the AHL, if he comes up in January he'll still be a 20 year old rookie.
Brink is 18 in college, so is York, if they go pro at 20 a half season in the AHL won't be the worst thing.
Zamula will be 20 in the AHL next year, depending how fast he puts on strength, he may spend a year or two in the AHL.

And so on. These and other players (Hogberg, Kalynuk, Lycksell, Cates, etc) will be staggered over the next 2-4 years.
There's no reason to rush them as we build up depth, letting the players in front of them establish themselves as NHL players will improve their trade value while giving the prospects behind them time to be NHL ready instead of having to learn on the job.
Don’t kill my buzz man.

seriously, they will objectively be improvements on the junk we’ve had. Couple that with improvement of our more seasoned young guys, we are looking good immediately and in the future.

Reactions: Dr Hook McCraken

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
AV studying advanced metrics, studies suggest around 3 minutes is the optimal time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad