2019-20 Roster Thread XII: July 1 has arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersfromquebec

Jul 22, 2012
I think Simmonds sign a low term low salary with us today. Just a feeling. Knowing Fletcher is not against playing young prospect but like depth, I would not mind a 1 year 3 mil.

Personally I would prefer Ferland, Connolly or even a trade for Kadri with a low return (Hagg + C prospect + pick).

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Imagine if Hextall fired Hak long ago and made some moves such that a player like Duchene would want to take a discount to join this team? Sigh

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think Simmonds sign a low term low salary with us today. Just a feeling. Knowing Fletcher is not against playing young prospect but like depth, I would not mind a 1 year 3 mil.

Personally I would prefer Ferland, Connolly or even a trade for Kadri with a low return (Hagg + C prospect + pick).

Dont count on it. Simmonds is getting multiple long-term offers.

Kadri would cost more in a trade, plays Center, and is too expensive at this point.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

I have read a few things by people i trust on other message boards that seem to think he really is a going to get a 4-5 year deal from Pittsburgh.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I have read a few things by people i trust on other message boards that seem to think he really is a going to get a 4-5 year deal from Pittsburgh.

Suck to see him in a Pens jersey, but 4 yrs there would be wicked , my god he’s horrible now, can’t imagine in 2-3 years.

Reactions: BiggE

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Suck to see him in a Pens jersey, but 4 yrs there would be wicked , my god he’s horrible now, can’t imagine in 2-3 years.

IF he really did have the same groin abdominal issues that ghost and G struggled with I imagine a different player when healthy. If he had success on the pens, many of the die hards who attend the games will have an identity crisis.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
IF he really did have the same groin abdominal issues that ghost and G struggled with I imagine a different player when healthy. If he had success on the pens, many of the die hards who attend the games will have an identity crisis.

I doubt Simmonds will stay healthy through a 4 year deal, and his 5x5 skills were limited at his peak.
As a 4th liner who can PK and PP, he has value, but not a huge amount, maybe 4x2?

Reactions: BiggE

hornet25

Sep 22, 2015
Can't say I'd hate it.
I am bit puzzled about it. Part of me definitely want Justin with us for his leadership and experience, yet I believe that 3rd line spot is the only one open and I would like to show realistic chance to young guns to earn it in Sept. If they fill that spot today, it might be blow to Farabee, Frost and Rubtsov alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad