2019-20 Roster Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Simmons would only have value at 4RW, the PK and maybe PP2. And if he was paid accordingly on a one year deal.

Reactions: kelmitchell

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
landsbergfan - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

I made some estimates and came in at 150k under the cap with 8 defensemen
Provorov - 5 years x 6.3 million
Sanheim - 7 years x 5 million
Konecny - 6 years x 6 million
Laughton - 2 years x 1.8 million
resigned Bailey and Aube-Kubel
Kinkaid signed for 1.5 million

I didn't resign Hartman

The RFA deals are more wishful thinking than anything, but I rounded up from Evolving Wild's prediction model. I would do terrible things to sign Sanheim to that deal, but I think it is a foregone conclusion one or more of them are getting bridged. Given the reports about Provorov's ask for 8 years, he better be one of them.

Also worth noting that there are potentially 3 million dollars of bonuses that could be due for the Flyers. I doubt they hit that, but you know damn well they aren't planning for that.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
And with the deals i mentioned there’s only 12+ million next offseason for Patrick, Lindblom, and Myers

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The RFA deals are more wishful thinking than anything, but I rounded up from Evolving Wild's prediction model. I would do terrible things to sign Sanheim to that deal, but I think it is a foregone conclusion one or more of them are getting bridged. Given the reports about Provorov's ask for 8 years, he better be one of them.

If Provorov's camp scoffs at a 5 year x $6.3 mil deal (I'd prefer 6 years, even with a few hundred more k's), GM Magua would treat it as a foregone conclusion I would bridge him. Bridges are scary if you believe the player will exceed their numbers. I really don't see a scenario where 2 years from now Provorov drastically exceeds that deal, minus inflation. His minutes won't go up; his scoring isn't likely to reach 17-18. Maybe he improves in the margins, which is the goal, but that isn't what gets you paid. There's really no good answer with Provorov. You could say wait until his peers sign, but many of them are as good, if not better than him. His entire self-evaluation, which is indulged by the team, makes things difficult.

I think you could knock a little off Konecny, but I wouldn't fight it too hard. The Sanheim deal is obviously bananas. I like how Fletcher feels quite confident they're close on that deal. That implies no bridge.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I think we need to re-sign Hartman, assuming he gets between 1-2 mill AAV.

Dude is one of the only guys who is a banger on the bottom lines and you need those to win. He's got 1st round pedigree as well, so he's likely to pot a couple goals as well.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Game 1

Giroux-Couts-TK
JVR-Hayes-Voracek
Lindblom-Patrick-Frost
Raffl-Laughton-Hartman
NAK

Provorov-Niskanen
Sanheim-Braun
Ghost-Myers
Morin

Hart
Talbot

Game 83

Giroux-Couts-Voracek
Frost-Patrick-TK
JVR-Hayes-Farabee
Lindblom-Laughton-Raffl
Hartman

Provorov-Myers
Sanheim-Niskanen
Ghost-Braun
Morin

Hart
Talbot

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
TK will be on the 4th line before Lindblom.
Lindblom is a legitimate top six, two way forward.

He dominated the SHL at 20, needed about a year and a half to move into the top six.
Lindblom is our best player along the boards, one of the few who'll park himself in the dirty areas around the net, and is responsible defensively.

For some reason, he is criminally underrated by many fans.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
WHen has Disney ever had a story named “Nightmare” ?

Mickeys-nightmare-movie-poster-1932-1020267316.jpg

As you can clearly see Disney was well ahead of times with the torture film genre that became Saw and other assortment of crap

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad