2019-20 Roster Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
As a 25 yr old Physical RHD , must be a long list I bet ??

Shocking a RFA would want market value for pay. By these posts, we should get Provy at around 3 mill per year on 8 yr deal

What if both of them are overrated & the perception of both of them are greater than reality? Now remember overrated doesn’t equal bad either.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What if both of them are overrated & the perception of both of them are greater than reality? Now remember overrated doesn’t equal bad either.

tenor.gif

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
The 5th rounder isn’t the problem. No worries about being aggressive. The more worrisome part of this who deal is him preferring to play in ****ing Columbus or Arizona over our franchise.

Well then be happy Fletch isn't willing to over pay just to keep him.

If he walks, I will actually be impressed by Fletch, will sure buck the narrative some have of him already

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

I think they are both awesome young D men, and want them to be a pairing for us.

I watch almost every Jets game, Trouba is a really good all around D man and imo he would be our best one next year with hopefully Provy passing him very soon.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
The 5th rounder isn’t the problem. No worries about being aggressive. The more worrisome part of this who deal is him preferring to play in ****ing Columbus or Arizona over our franchise.

if that's the case, im starting to wonder if this roster isnt as good as everyone thinks?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
As a 25 yr old Physical RHD , must be a long list I bet ??

Shocking a RFA would want market value for pay. By these posts, we should get Provy at around 3 mill per year on 8 yr deal
Nope. Provy’s 8x8 was already agreed upon prior to the season by HF. Just waiting on Sanheim’s bridge.

Reactions: Stizzle

GagneHanson12

Aug 15, 2011
And yeah, the double standards are extremely strange. Ghost was better than Provorov by a lot, but somehow he’s the one getting the hate. In reality neither should be getting any heat because of the context of the season and the fact that we’ve already seen both play much better than they did last year, so we know what they can do and what to expect in the future.

Yeah, but didn't you read that article that Provorov works out like 10 hours a day during the offseason?

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
The HF Hexy brigade in full force.

**** if we lose out on him and all it cost us was a 5th to get some early intel, I will not be upset in the least.
Listening to BSH Radio the other day and they were clowning the people worked up over the 5th. They also said Schultz and Lindblom are the only two flyers 5th rounders to amount to anything substantial.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

OEL decided to stay in Arizona rather than go to free agency. It doesn't seem like a bad place to play/live for hockey players.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Went back and found my ROR hot take from last offseason

O'Reilly would be a luxury more than anything. I don't see the point in trading young assets in an area of need for a position you're doing pretty well at. Unless of course, Hexy is planning on moving out a C (unlikely) or possibly moving Jake and having O'Reilly be a W/C hybrid who he can move up and down the lineup.

Interesting stuff if true that the interest is there.

giphy.gif

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
There are all sorts of rumors flying around these days. One that intrigued me was from Montreal-Ghost for Weber. Supposedly the Habs think that Ghost would fit in quite well with their mobile club and has a reasonable contract. Weber is aging and is expensive. The Flyers get a RHD with tons of experience and a contract that they easily an afford.
Provorov-Weber
Sandheim-Gudas
Morin-Myers
Hagg
Not a shabby defense.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
There are all sorts of rumors flying around these days. One that intrigued me was from Montreal-Ghost for Weber. Supposedly the Habs think that Ghost would fit in quite well with their mobile club and has a reasonable contract. Weber is aging and is expensive. The Flyers get a RHD with tons of experience and a contract that they easily an afford.
Provorov-Weber
Sandheim-Gudas
Morin-Myers
Hagg
Not a shabby defense.
:laugh:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Went back and found my ROR hot take from last offseason

giphy.gif

It's okay, Forrest. I'm Bubba.

Y6V4hhb.gif

tumblr_n6gx9nnuIY1r4peomo6_r1_250.gif

It is kind of important to note that most of us assumed it would require Sanheim/Myers/Frost + 14 +. The important lesson is always underestimate mediocre GMs and call them every day, even to ask about the weather. Would you make the above trade? I still wouldn't. I think we were all surprised by what Botterill traded him for and would've tried to field a competitive offer, unless they were just in love with a pile of crap.

And it clearly was not representative of his ability, which I noted at the time as well, but he had scored like a 3/4th liner in all 3 seasons in Buffalo, buoyed up by strong PP numbers. Signed long-term to $7.5 mil, it was at least worthy of discussion. Obviously, we expected Patrick to trend towards 50 points this past season and assumed the 2C role was locked up long-term, and it was not worth spending premium assets on a "luxury" player, as you put it. And they did sign JVR, in the end, to man the front of the net and play LW.

We all know ROR would've sucked this season as a Flyer anyway. :(

Reactions: Peter Man

Peacekeeper

Sep 27, 2017
Or we could talk about the big debate we had with a majority of people saying no to trading #2 (Patrick) for Mackinnon

No point in discussing hindsight

Reactions: Curufinwe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad