2019-20 Roster Speculation Part 15: Trade Deadline 2/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
It doesn’t really matter whether or not he has leverage. How many players have asked for a trade and then not been traded?
We honestly don't know the answer to that question.

How many Eichel caliber players ask to be traded? It would be a unique case of a true franchise player in his prime, locked up long term wanting out.
Can't recall the last time that happened. Eric Lindros' pout was post-draft, before playing, and was parental motivated.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Can we have a single thread about the baseless speculation that Eichel wants to leave? It’s really annoying having to see it everywhere (especially since it’s a purely product of fans projecting their unhappiness onto a player), maybe to just the Eichel thread?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
You realize that barring injury Lazar will have played 50+ games for the Sabres this year? And that he's not one of the wrong things about this team?

And in those 50 games he has 10 points. He is emblematic of what is wrong with this team. Chicken something something salad.

I fully expect that Larsson walks and Lazar slides into that role. Just my gut feeling. (I think they re-sign Girgensons.)

Really ? oh true didn't realize you have a crystal ball.

In fairness, it's asking a lot for Cozens to be a major contributor in the NHL in his D+2 season. Take a look at a guy like Cody Glass, another top forward from the WHL who had higher rates than Cozens and showed really well in the AHL following his junior career in his D+1 season: he has 12 NHL points in 39 games. Do I think Cozens could come in and score 25-30 points? Maybe. But we've made so many mistakes handling prospects by rushing them. I'm fairly certain Cozens isn't in Buffalo much next season.

Wouldn’t mind Jake Allen as a backup to Ullmark. Wonder if the blues would take back Hutton to shed some cap

If he's still around, I can see Botts trading Hutton and a mid-round pick (per usual) to the Rags for Georgiev. Just seems like something he'd do.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Can we have a single thread about the baseless speculation that Eichel wants to leave? It’s really annoying having to see it everywhere (especially since it’s a purely product of fans projecting their unhappiness onto a player), maybe to just the Eichel thread?

Everyone probably should chill and not justify this w a thread as well.. He is much too competitive to leave in the next year or two ... He is buffalo and we are him.. I love his fight.. We the fans will follow.. He isn't going anywhere..

Reactions: Dirty Dog

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I fully expect that Larsson walks and Lazar slides into that role. Just my gut feeling. (I think they re-sign Girgensons.)

In fairness, it's asking a lot for Cozens to be a major contributor in the NHL in his D+2 season. Take a look at a guy like Cody Glass, another top forward from the WHL who had higher rates than Cozens and showed really well in the AHL following his junior career in his D+1 season: he has 12 NHL points in 39 games. Do I think Cozens could come in and score 25-30 points? Maybe. But we've made so many mistakes handling prospects by rushing them. I'm fairly certain Cozens isn't in Buffalo much next season.

Cozens though t he would make the team last year til the thumb.. We will see at least a look if he has a dominate camp

If he's still around, I can see Botts trading Hutton and a mid-round pick (per usual) to the Rags for Georgiev. Just seems like something he'd do.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Ditto on the Lazar/Larsson swap. But I don't think we re-sign Zemgus either.

Right now, I can easily see Botts' plan as an Eichel-X-Lazar-Asplund center spine. With X being some half-assed version of a 2C....like Galchenyuk, Craig Smith or Namestnikov (hey, they have C listed on their capfriendly page.....surely they can play C)

Reactions: Dirty Dog

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Anyone seen Cameron Morrison play at Notre Dame? Colorado loses his rights in August. Could be worth a look for Rochester.

Matt Filipe from North Eastern
Patrick Harper at Boston University
Markus Numi at TPS (Liiga)

These players also have their rights expiring. I wouldn't call any of them sure things. Harper is 1.2 p/g which would project as an NHL player but he's 5'8".

Numi is huge, maybe it takes an unusually long time for finnish powerforwards to develop?

Last edited:

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
The tidbit about the salary cap coming out is nice.

Also, for those that are ready to go into full offseason projection mode (like myself), EW should have their contract projections done soon:

They were pretty close on most of the signings a year ago. I'm really interested in seeing what they have for Sam, VO, and Montour... and pretty much all of our RFAs I guess.

Hopefully one of these years we'll get real hockey games in March and the real offseason discussions can wait until June :dunno:

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

Why do Rangers do this?

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
yeah Rags will find a way to move on from Hank, its the Shest/Georgy show for them goin forward. I could see them trying to move him to a contender who needs a backup, a lot of backups should be on the move this summer...wonder what a team like VAN will do if they decide not to pay Markstrom...Demko/Hank would work for them financially as an example..

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
38434091-5BAF-4B77-9F4A-2F087E90FC9C.jpeg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anyone seen Cameron Morrison play at Notre Dame? Colorado loses his rights in August. Could be worth a look for Rochester.

Matt Filipe from North Eastern
Patrick Harper at Boston University
Markus Numi at TPS (Liiga)

These players also have their rights expiring. I wouldn't call any of them sure things. Harper is 1.2 p/g which would project as an NHL player but he's 5'8".

Numi is huge, maybe it takes an unusually long time for finnish powerforwards to develop?

Morrison seems like an easy signing for the Avs. Had there been any indication of anything other than them making an offer other than the graduate UFA possibility?

I like Julius Nättinen, ex-Duck pick ripping it up in the Liiga. Pius Suter in the NLA.

For NCAA guys, Alex Limoges and Nick Sucese at PSU are two guys I like for different reasons. Limoges reminds me of Nico Sturm in a way - always around the puck, good size, smart. Sucese is of course both local and one of those undersized, high motor guys who does not ever quit.

Michaelis out of Mankato now has ties to Buffalo through Kahun is a solid offensive player who could be something more than just an AHLer.

Reactions: Fezzy126

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I have a feeling that Botterill asked for him and the Blues countered with Thompson.

And Botterill didn't hold out for the better prospect because of the bonus deadline.

Upon pressure from ownership?

This is exactly how I've thought it went down for a long time.

Water under the bridge now.... Move on.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Morrison seems like an easy signing for the Avs. Had there been any indication of anything other than them making an offer other than the graduate UFA possibility?

I like Julius Nättinen, ex-Duck pick ripping it up in the Liiga. Pius Suter in the NLA.

For NCAA guys, Alex Limoges and Nick Sucese at PSU are two guys I like for different reasons. Limoges reminds me of Nico Sturm in a way - always around the puck, good size, smart. Sucese is of course both local and one of those undersized, high motor guys who does not ever quit.

Michaelis out of Mankato now has ties to Buffalo through Kahun is a solid offensive player who could be something more than just an AHLer.

Morrison is behind literal not figurative infinite center depth in Colorado. I wouldn't be shocked if he jumps ship for a team which will give him more opportunity. His numbers don't scream NHL player, but Notre Dame is a defense first system right?

Limoges seems like a target, has he been an invite at any camps to date? It's too bad he didn't really build on last season. He'd be a hot commodity. He's make a reasonable signing for the Caps or Pens.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Why do Rangers do this?
I think the Rangers could do better than a mid-round pick along with a cap dump, but Georgiev is almost certainly going to be moved this offseason. I'd say it likely costs us a 2nd round pick or equivalent prospect to land him. While I do think it's a need, and I like Georgiev, I'd prefer we just roll with Ullmark and try to get a cheaper competent backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad