2019-20 Roster Speculation Part 15: Trade Deadline 2/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Anyone seen Cameron Morrison play at Notre Dame? Colorado loses his rights in August. Could be worth a look for Rochester.

Matt Filipe from North Eastern
Patrick Harper at Boston University
Markus Numi at TPS (Liiga)

These players also have their rights expiring. I wouldn't call any of them sure things. Harper is 1.2 p/g which would project as an NHL player but he's 5'8".

Numi is huge, maybe it takes an unusually long time for finnish powerforwards to develop?
Harper is very good, I don’t know that he’s interested in going UFA but it seems to happen to the Predators often.

There have been rumblings around the Flyers’ graduating seniors Allison, Kalynuk, and Laczynski going to market, which would be interesting.
The free agent market seems to be getting underrated this year but I like it a decent amount.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Morrison is behind literal not figurative infinite center depth in Colorado. I wouldn't be shocked if he jumps ship for a team which will give him more opportunity. His numbers don't scream NHL player, but Notre Dame is a defense first system right?

Limoges seems like a target, has he been an invite at any camps to date? It's too bad he didn't really build on last season. He'd be a hot commodity. He's make a reasonable signing for the Caps or Pens.

Yeah, ND is all about the 200’ game. Morrison could be a fit in the third line for the Avs in the future.

As for Limoges, he went to the Wings Dev Camp last year, Islanders the year before that. I know Sucese went to the Bruins dev camp. Sometimes that is indicative of their destination , sometimes not.

Reactions: SnuggaRUDE

RasmWristshotlainen

Jun 24, 2015
Finland
Have someone noticed that McCabe is bad? I mean like REALLY bad. Watched the Winnipeg game and good lord all those defensive decisions are horrible. Also could help to keep the puck in the offensive zone when you don't even move to get the puck. How can he have an A on his sweater, is he leading by example? :huh: Time to move on from these "But he is a good guy" or "Nice locker room guy" or "He does so much for the community". Newsflash, there are other jobs for community service. If hes a good locker room guy, just hire a nice dude to sit in the locker room interacting with the players and get some actually good hockey players to the team.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Thanks to Chain and JFB. I’d love to see Buffalo snag a couple of these guys, but I think even getting one would be a win.

Reactions: Chainshot

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
I'd rather not think about us being the modern day version of Columbus with Rick Nash :laugh:

Well, they're exactly on track to be just that. So, the good news is that means playoffs next season! And if you don't remember how the playoffs went for the '08-'09 Blue Jackets...ehhhh, let's not get into that right now. Playoffs tho.

Reactions: Chainshot

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Have someone noticed that McCabe is bad? I mean like REALLY bad. Watched the Winnipeg game and good lord all those defensive decisions are horrible. Also could help to keep the puck in the offensive zone when you don't even move to get the puck. How can he have an A on his sweater, is he leading by example? :huh: Time to move on from these "But he is a good guy" or "Nice locker room guy" or "He does so much for the community". Newsflash, there are other jobs for community service. If hes a good locker room guy, just hire a nice dude to sit in the locker room interacting with the players and get some actually good hockey players to the team.
They must trade him. We have Dahlin on the left side, there is Pilut and maybe Bryson, if they could trade a guy like Brodin it would be a very good left side. Maybe Dillon, Vatanen or Edmundson in a free agency.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Yup. Seems like every year, we get a smattering of games from him where he looks like a competent middle pairing defenseman but mostly a lot of what you described---crappy decision-making, looking lost on the ice, etc. He's next on my "fire into the sun list" now that Bogosian is gone.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yup. Seems like every year, we get a smattering of games from him where he looks like a competent middle pairing defenseman but mostly a lot of what you described---crappy decision-making, looking lost on the ice, etc. He's next on my "fire into the sun list" now that Bogosian is gone.

He is McApe for about 10 games per year, hurt for 20 and the other 50 are some measure of left shooting Bogosian.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Thanks to Chain and JFB. I’d love to see Buffalo snag a couple of these guys, but I think even getting one would be a win.

I enjoy UDFA signings for what they are - organizational depth and the occasional gem. Still wish they had signed Caggiula a few years back - kid has no quit in his game. It is also interesting to see reactions from people - some understand finding good depth, some refer to these guys by harsh terms or unrealistic expectations.

Well, they're exactly on track to be just that. So, the good news is that means playoffs next season! And if you don't remember how the playoffs went for the '08-'09 Blue Jackets...ehhhh, let's not get into that right now. Playoffs tho.

Well that’s a comfort. :biglaugh:

Reactions: Fezzy126
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad