2019-20 Lightning Player Predictions

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I agree last night he wasnt bad but he did make a mistake in the ozone I thought where he should have shot it and I think he just passed it I think it was Kucherov like to feet away from him. Like he didnt want to make a mistake. I'm hoping that we dont have to see him too much this season/postseason.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I agree last night he wasnt bad but he did make a mistake in the ozone I thought where he should have shot it and I think he just passed it I think it was Kucherov like to feet away from him. Like he didnt want to make a mistake. I'm hoping that we dont have to see him too much this season/postseason.

By his standards though, that's nothing. And it's not an uncommon mistake with this team. Sergachev did the same thing.

His lack of skill scares me. Particularly his skating. I don't think I've ever seen him win a race to the puck.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
By his standards though, that's nothing. And it's not an uncommon mistake with this team. Sergachev did the same thing.

His lack of skill scares me. Particularly his skating. I don't think I've ever seen him win a race to the puck.
He’s also one of the older players on the team. Not 21 or 22 like Serg.

Reactions: DFC

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
How do you guys see Shattenkirk do this year? Any change he gets PP1 time? I don't see him ousting Hedman but could Cooper run 2 dmen on the top unit?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
How do you guys see Shattenkirk do this year? Any change he gets PP1 time? I don't see him ousting Hedman but could Cooper run 2 dmen on the top unit?

Wouldnt be surprised in my opinion. Theyve done it a few times in preseason. Thats preseason though.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
There is zero chance - outside a complete collapse of the effectiveness of the PP - we move from 4F-1D on PP1. It clicked at almost 30% last season. We're not changing that.

We'll roll 2D on PP2 is my guess.
I've seen way too many people suggesting we should make changes to our first PP unit.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
MVP - The BIG CAT
Most Goals - Kuch
Most Assists - Point
Most Points - Kuch
Most Improved - Cirelli
Biggest Bust - Killorn
Most Surprising - Shatty
Most Dumb Penalties - Maroon
Most Game Winning Goals - Point
This Season's Scapegoat - Coburn
This Season's "Can't do no wrong" - Cirelli/Point

Time to add two shockers:

Palat 20 goals, 20+assists. Definite trade deadline bait.

Cirelli: 30/30+ club. Damn we had best hope for a major salary cap increase.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017

yes let’s replace Kucherov with Shattenkirk

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I have a bad feeling he’s gonna suck. I sure as hell hope i’m wrong.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
How exactly did you read that in my question?
-----------------[____]
-----------------Maroon
------------------Point
Stamkos-------------------------- Kucherov
-----------------Hedman

There's really nowhere to put him, unless you wanted to move Kucherov down low, which isn't a good idea. I could see him getting PP time with Sergachev on the second PP though

Reactions: 42

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
-----------------[____]
-----------------Maroon
------------------Point
-----------------Hedman

There's really nowhere to put him, unless you wanted to move Kucherov down low, which isn't a good idea. I could see him getting PP time with Sergachev on the second PP though
Wait, you see Maroon on top PP? Wasn't Johnson on it last year?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
-----------------[____]
-----------------Maroon
------------------Point
-----------------Hedman

-----------------[____]-------Maroon-----------
------------------Point
-----------------Hedman

Maroon retrieves pucks behind the net and alternates with Point when Kucherov/Stamkos needs a set-up man down low.

The problem is that Maroon doesn't have the passing ability of a guy like Miller when Point makes his move to crash the net.

Gourde is a much better alternative in that spot. He doesn't give you much in terms of size in front of the net, but he's a crafty scorer in close and frisky enough to win next battles.

Reactions: Crabby Williams

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Wait, you see Maroon on top PP? Wasn't Johnson on it last year?
Rarely. It was usually Miller and Palat down low, Gourde a few times, Cooper didn't really like him there though. Johnson usually plays the Stamkos spot on the second.

I just put Maroon there because he was getting some reps in that spot in training camp. You know it'll be a revolving door though.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Rarely. It was usually Miller and Palat down low, Gourde a few times, Cooper didn't really like him there though. Johnson usually plays the Stamkos spot on the second.

I just put Maroon there because he was getting some reps in that spot in training camp. You know it'll be a revolving door though.
Ya, the only regulars are Kucherov, Point, Stamkos and Hedman.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
------------------Point
-----------------Hedman

Maroon retrieves pucks behind the net and alternates with Point when Kucherov/Stamkos needs a set-up man down low.

The problem is that Maroon doesn't have the passing ability of a guy like Miller when Point makes his move to crash the net.

Gourde is a much better alternative in that spot. He doesn't give you much in terms of size in front of the net, but he's a crafty scorer in close and frisky enough to win next battles.
I remember being annoyed with Gourde in that spot when he was there for a small stint last year. Palat was also bad in it.

A name in that spot that I think could be interesting is Killorn. He's good around the net, he wasn't a terrible high bumper, and he can make a good pass.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
------------------Point
-----------------Hedman

We're probably gonna audition a lot of guys in that spot.

Gourde, though, never really got it done when given the opportunity. I think Cirelli is perfect. Maybe Joseph.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

a.k.a. whoever we're trying to trade. :p

Reactions: The Macho Man

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
i think that spot on the PP1 should probably just be rotated between gourde maroon cirelli and killorn. roll with the hot hand. if the PP goes dry for a bit shake it up.

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad