13. Laczynski, Tanner - 43%
14. Vorobyev, Mikhail - 33%
15. Kalynuk, Wyatt - 42%

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I like NAK here.

His 5v5 production at the AHL level in 17-18 was pretty damn great for his age. Despite getting jerked around by Hak last season, he actually scored goals at a better rate in the AHL than he did the season prior. I also like that he plays with an edge, will give him one more tool to find his way into an NHL bottom 6.

Really important season for him though. Could plummet in the rankings next summer if we don't see him make an impact at the NHL level at some point.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Went Kase here. Would be cool with a lot of players at this spot including: Cates, St. Ivany, Friedman, maybe NAK. Probably a few more, but getting to the point where I just haven't seen a lot of these guys enough to definitively rank them.

Curious as to where Strome ends up. Saw him a fair bit last year when watching for Kaliyev. His skating has improved since his draft, but I don't know if will ever get to where it needs to be to get into the NHL.

Reactions: Larry44

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ginning starting to get votes :laugh:

He's behind all of the D prospects we still have left on the board, especially Attard who I think is getting slept on a bit in this poll.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I just saw that Attard started playing defense at the age of 14. Did not know he was a forward before that. Was this mentioned before and I missed it?

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I'd gamble on Jack St. Ivany.

My viewings are limited, but he seemingly has a lot going for him. Very, very toolsy.

Edit:
Cates, Friedman, and Wylie would be in my next grouping of players I've actually seen.

Attard, Millman, and Serdyuk are all candidates as well. I just haven't seen them much, or in Attard's case, at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: VladDrag

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Cates again, he's just more polished than NAK with more upside.
Attard and Millman are hard to place.

Millman had a nice CHL debut as a true 17 year old, but you're projecting both physical development (6'1 176) and improvement.

Attard had a monster goal scoring year in the USHL as an overage (19), but does that translate? As a 20 year old at Western Michigan, we'll know within two years if he's for real (if he's not a top NCAA player as a 21 year old sophomore, his upside is probably limited).

Ginning to me is a low ceiling/high floor (3rd pair defenseman).

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Ginning starting to get votes :laugh:

He's behind all of the D prospects we still have left on the board, especially Attard who I think is getting slept on a bit in this poll.
If Ginning was in the USHL this coming year...wonder what numbers he would put up? Attard being a year older than Ginning playing against kids vs playing against men.

Hope they all excel and have great years.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
If Ginning was in the USHL this coming year...wonder what numbers he would put up? Attard being a year older than Ginning playing against kids vs playing against men.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Ginning wouldn't put together quite possibly the best statistical season that league has seen from a defenseman. Just a hunch. Splitting hairs, but the age spread is less than 10 months. Attard being RH is a significant advantage as well. There are elements to Attard's season that were fluky for sure (can't count on a dman shooting 20% moving forward), but cut that in half and it was still an incredible season. He's by no means a slam dunk and he has to improve in certain areas, but he's got tools to work with.

We've seen Ginning play against his age group, while being the oldest of the group. That's not what is holding him back. I think he's the worst defensive prospect the Flyers hold the rights to. I know some will scoff at that, but it's both a testament to how well the Flyers have drafted (and signed) defensemen as well as Ginning's lackluster skillset.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Ginning wouldn't put together quite possibly the best statistical season that league has seen from a defenseman. Just a hunch. Splitting hairs, but the age spread is less than 10 months. Attard being RH is a significant advantage as well. There are elements to Attard's season that were fluky for sure (can't count on a dman shooting 20% moving forward), but cut that in half and it was still an incredible season. He's by no means a slam dunk and he has to improve in certain areas, but he's got tools to work with.

We've seen Ginning play against his age group, while being the oldest of the group. That's not what is holding him back. I think he's the worst defensive prospect the Flyers hold the rights to. I know some will scoff at that, but it's both a testament to how well the Flyers have drafted (and signed) defenseman as well as Ginning's lackluster skillset.
And honestly, I trust your judgement.

Attard certainly looks intriguing coming off the season he had, his late transition to D, and being RH while 6'3 206. Stizzle mentioned these 3, but Attard, Serdyuk and Millman are so intriguing going into this year and could take big jumps. More excited for them than the rest on the board.

I am not voting, fwiw.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Almost went NAK, but voted Kaše.

Son of a coach, and brother of a really good player (when healthy), the kid has shown a lot of skill and a top-class attitude the past two seasons in two very good pro leagues (SHL and AHL).

If David can stay healthy, he'll bring a talent level that will be impressive for a 16th ranked prospect.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

He would still suck because he's not good at hockey.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

We've seen Ginning play against his age group, while being the oldest of the group. That's not what is holding him back. I think he's the worst defensive prospect the Flyers hold the rights to. I know some will scoff at that, but it's both a testament to how well the Flyers have drafted (and signed) defensemen as well as Ginning's lackluster skillset.

Same. Only one that he's even close to is Bernhardt, who also has better puck skills. Just an absolutely horrendous use of a 2nd rounder.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If Ginning is voted into the top 30 I'll be disappointed with this board.

We should also make a blacklist of all people who have voted for him, so we know who to shun.

Reactions: Stizzle

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Group Think blacklist?

upload_2019-8-9_16-3-12.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad