Not open for further replies.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Nylander-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Kubalik
Saad-Dach-Shaw
Caggiula-Kampf-Carpenter
Sikura/Perlini

I like it but don't be surprised if Saarella/Kurashev are fighting with Dach and Nylander for those two roster spots...and lets not forget Wedin, Quenneville, seems highmore likely has no chance anymore, no point in signing Perlini IMO, trade him with AA already

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I like it but don't be surprised if Saarella/Kurashev are fighting with Dach and Nylander for those two roster spots...and lets not forget Wedin, Quenneville, seems highmore likely has no chance anymore, no point in signing Perlini IMO, trade him with AA already

Me and you are the only two giving Saarela some love it seems. I look forward to him opening some eyes. He's got nothing left to prove in the minors.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Me and you are the only two giving Saarela some love it seems. I look forward to him opening some eyes. He's got nothing left to prove in the minors.

not sure where I either read it or watched it however Saarella is pumped to be with the hawks and states that he is preparing with every ounce of effort to earn a spot with the Hawks at the NHL level. I think it was a video, the guy has a lot of skill his shot is lethal

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
not sure where I either read it or watched it however Saarella is pumped to be with the hawks and states that he is preparing with every ounce of effort to earn a spot with the Hawks at the NHL level. I think it was a video, the guy has a lot of skill his shot is lethal

He is also a feisty f***. Kid brings the grit. Only thing holding him back is his skating. Going to be interesting to see how he looks there.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
He is also a feisty ****. Kid brings the grit. Only thing holding him back is his skating. Going to be interesting to see how he looks there.

agreed with the grit and fiesty aspect, his skating looks like it could be improved upon though its not like he can't make it better.

Would love to see him on the wing for the hawks this year

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Saarela and Kurashev aren't spoken of enough. Idk where they fit with this logjam though. Saarela has an elite shot just like Kubalik. Kurashev does everything well.

Love both of those guys. I wouldn't be surprised if Kurashev makes it as the 3C over Dach. Saarela i think will start in Rockford and be the first winger called up for injury.

The Hawks are insanely deep right now. Kurashev and Saarela should be in the NHL this year but there is nowhere for them to play.

IIRC, both can play center or wing.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Saarela and Kurashev aren't spoken of enough. Idk where they fit with this logjam though. Saarela has an elite shot just like Kubalik. Kurashev does everything well.

Love both of those guys. I wouldn't be surprised if Kurashev makes it as the 3C over Dach. Saarela i think will start in Rockford and be the first winger called up for injury.

The Hawks are insanely deep right now. Kurashev and Saarela should be in the NHL this year but there is nowhere for them to play.

I didn't get a chance to see Kurashev down in Rockford when he got there but Powers said he saw him live a few times and said he isn't ready yet.

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
I don't remember anyone putting Wedin on the roster. Not sure that his dream is to play for the Icehogs in the AHL.

Everyone should prove that he deserves it, but when you sign a 26 year old european player, you promise that he's going to get good opportunities.

Our depth is really big.

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Guys who are locks at forward
Toews, Strome, Kampf, Saad, Caggiula, DeBrincat, Kane, Shaw, Carpenter and until moved Anisimov. That leaves four or five spots for Kubalik, Weedin, Kurashev, Dach, Perlini, Sikura, Quenneville, Fortin, Highmore, Nylander and Saarela.

Hopefully it’s a wide open competition.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Love the depth we now have at forward. Regardless of what the goal totals last year it was not a contender quality forward crop. The group now can absolutely be that.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I'm very high on Saarela and Kurashev. Probably a little too soon for Kurashev. Saarela, OTOH, ... That said, it's too soon to cut bait on Perlini and Sikura. Those 2 have a lot of pressure to perform, let's see what happens.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Watching Kurashev at the Whc I thought he was Nhl ready (sky high potential not to mention). But to be fair at the latter half of the tourney he looked physically overmatched a little bit. With how deep we got at forward this off-season I think he ends up the whole season at Rockford, to come full time next year.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
1- Khubalik/Caggiula/Sikura, Toews, Kane- Toews and Kane carry this line so a passenger that can tread water is all that's needed. Based on what Khubalik did at the World's, I am optimistic he wins this spot.
2- Cat, Strome, Shaw- Nylander could win the Shaw spot eventually but he has to prove it. Shaw would give this line a little more grit and defensive awareness.
3- Saad, Anisimov, Nylander- Nylander lands on a sheltered line playing with defensively-sound linemates.
4- Caggiula/Khubalik, Kamf, Carpenter- shutdown 4th line.

* I am not expecting anything from Dach this season.
* I suspect Perlini gets traded for a draft pick.
* Sikura should be another trade option as well.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Keith-Gus
DeHaan-Murphy
Maata-???

Seabrook-Koekkoek-Dahlstrom

Is that how everyone lookin at the D core

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Helluva offseason, amirite? Bowman's transformed the team. Some tweaks left, but am very happy. We should be much, much better (admittedly, a low bar), without sacrificing the future.

Really looking forward to reports from prospect camp next week.

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad