2019-20 Break Out Players

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
One guy I'm looking out for this coming year is Che Adams of Southampton. 22 Goals last year in the Championship, still a raw talent but could do work this coming year.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
For United I would say Pereira could be a possibility. I’m assuming he will have an increased role with the lack of options.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
In What sense?

It’s hard if not impossible to get Championship games in the US so I admittedly haven’t watched him live a ton. But I’ve seen lots of videos and he’s super skilled and one of the leaders of the entire team who was responsible for Promotion. As far as I know he’s not necessarily a household name so I think a lot of people will be surprised.

Also, who said Oyarzabal is gonna be in La Liga :naughty:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I will nominate the Chelsea kids: Tammy Abraham, Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Mason Mount.

My brother is a Villafan so I watch them quite a lot. I found Abraham to be very average even if he scored some goals. Difficult to say at that age so I'm not going to say he can't become something (Kane was hardly brilliant at that age as an example), but I would still be very surprised if he ever becomes something for a team like Chelsea. I'm not even convinced he is good enough to be a regular in the PL.

Odoi is almost an obvious one. If he can get going after that injury he will be good.

Big year for Sanchez (Spurs). He looks solid at the moment. I could see him establishing himself as a top 3-5 CD in the league through the season. His style is a bit boom or bust though so could go either way, but he looks far more composed now than what I have ever seen him before.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Some Arsenal guys that could break out a lot are Joe Willock and Reiss Nelson.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
If he moves to Everton, I can see Moise Kean scoring 20+ goals for them like Lukaku did.

As for Serie A players, Skov Olsen might score plenty (20+) for Bologna like he did in Denmark, although on the other hand he might not even displace the likes of Destro or Santander. Remains to be seen.

Chiesa to hit new heights with Fiorentina. Pinamonti to score a lot (~15) for Genoa.

After showing glimpses of his potential, Kessie to come a really dominant player for Milan. If he stays with Roma, Schick to double his previous best tally. If he moves to Dortmund, he might get buried as a depth option, though.

Not sure if he will really breakout rather than improve a lot, but I don't understand why a player like Locatelli was let to end up in Sassuolo.

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
For West Ham, I'll offer up Ben Johnson. Nineteen years old, right back by trade, but he's gotten time on both flanks this pre-season. With Frederick's really injury prone last season (and not very good when he was healthy) and Zabaleta up there in age, he could have a shot at winning time. Kid's got good skills, so it will be interesting to see how the season goes for him.

I'd say Diangana too, but I think West Ham has a lot ahead of him it'll be tough to get consistent minutes, even though he's looked good.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Odsonne Edouard should probably score more than he has in the past. I can see Celtic playing more frequently with 2 strikers which he should thrive in. He scored 23 in 52 last year, but I expect 30 this year.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
For Chelsea, I think Mason Mount will turn some heads this year. It looks like Lampard intends to start the season with Abraham up front, and so if things go well he could be a candidate. Little to old to qualify, probably, but I'm feeling very optimistic about Ross Barkley.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad