Prospect Info: [2019 - 126th] Jacob LeGuerrier (Not Signed - Rights Expire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What's the status with him ? Will he be signed before June 1st ?

Not sure he will be signed. He's only played 4 games so far this year. He's been okay. He hasn't stood out the way Guhle and Fairbrother did in their short stints earlier in the year.

But things might change in who the Habs sign as prospects with Trois-Rivieres entering the picture next year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What's the status with him ? Will he be signed before June 1st ?

I would give him an AHL deal but we need to be very careful with signing blueliners past next season as we could see a major influx of D prospects turning pro in 12 months from now so there needs to be spots for them at the NHL/AHL level depending on what happens of course.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I would give him an AHL deal but we need to be very careful with signing blueliners past next season as we could see a major influx of D prospects turning pro in 12 months from now so there needs to be spots for them at the NHL/AHL level depending on what happens of course.

Guhle and Fairbrother, plus hopefully Harris and Struble. Anyone else? Norlinder? Fleury and Brook will have graduated by then.

Leguerrier would be #6:

Guhle Norlinder
Struble Harris
Fairbrother LeGurrier

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Guhle and Fairbrother, plus hopefully Harris and Struble. Anyone else? Norlinder? Fleury and Brook will have graduated by then.

Leguerrier would be #6:

Guhle Norlinder
Struble Harris
Fairbrother LeGurrier

Norlinder, Guhle, Harris, perhaps Struble as you don't want him to play his Senior year but if he wants to there's nothing we can do about it. But I was talking NHL/AHL as Brook, Guhle, Norlinder and Harris could all be in the NHL over the next 2-3 years depending on how things go. We need to be careful about signing any blueliners past next season unless it's a 1 year deal or 2 at the most.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Norlinder, Guhle, Harris, perhaps Struble as you don't want him to play his Senior year but if he wants to there's nothing we can do about it. But I was talking NHL/AHL as Brook, Guhle, Norlinder and Harris could all be in the NHL over the next 2-3 years depending on how things go. We need to be careful about signing any blueliners past next season unless it's a 1 year deal or 2 at the most.

Struble strikes me as a guy who'd want to play pro hockey AS soon as possible. Won't happen but i'd bring him as soon as next year. the faster he play for Bouchard the better. He needs to play games, lots of games. he's already physically ready, he doesn't need that 35 games/lots of gym type of developpement.

Reactions: TheFalk

Jul 6, 2016
Especially when you consider that 4 other players from that draft class might sign at the end of next season (Caufield, Struble, Norlinder and Fairbrother). We can't waste any roster spots.

No guarantee Struble will sign, like Harris who are still a question mark for those College kids. Norlinder is not a sure bet, either.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No guarantee Struble will sign, like Harris who are still a question mark for those College kids. Norlinder is not a sure bet, either.

It would be completely unprecedented to see all 3 of these guys not sign. Stop listening to the fear mongering robert ethan.

Reactions: WinterLion

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com

Leguerrier would be #6:

Guhle Norlinder
Struble Harris
Fairbrother LeGurrier

thing is you also need some veteran D playing with those kids in Laval too. So, Leguerrier would likely be an 8 or 9D at best

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
LeGuerrier is officially no longer a Habs prospect.

He is eligible to re-enter the draft, and if he goes undrafted, MAYBE Habs sign him to an AHL deal? With Trois-Rivières now in the picture, that may be a possibility.

But at this very moment, he is no longer property of the Canadiens.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I think the Harris not signing and wanting to play another NCAA year has been exaggerated too much. Possible he don't sign but these are rare cases and I just think our fan base is too nervous about it.

KKWG11

Nov 25, 2017
Legurrier skated with my brother last night in Ottawa. Said he was going to Florida's camp... My brother said he would be a 4/5 dman on his usports team

Reactions: Sagikev and jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad