Prospect Info: [2019 - 126th] Jacob LeGuerrier (Not Signed - Rights Expire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Not a fan of this pick, I liked about 4-5 players in the 5th and we got none of them.

The draft is a crapshoot a lot earlier than pick no. 126.

Face it, at that point, they're all very long reaches.

Don't know how anyone can hate on a pick in the 100s.

Size, mobility and responsible defending. At 126.

And that's somehow disappointing?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Welcome to HF lol

Funny thing is none have seen him play but would’ve wanted another guy drafted that they also didn’t see play lol

Edit:most of us have not seen him play, don’t want to take away from the ones that have which I’m sure is at a minimum

Last edited:

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Welcome to HF lol

Funny thing is none have seen him play but would’ve wanted another guy drafted that they also didn’t see play lol

I'm in the Soo, and have seen him numerous times.

He leaves you wanting more, but if he had those attributes, he goes much earlier.

I wanted Kitch D man Vukojevic, because he looks like a guy that might help keep the crease clear. Went around 80th to NJ.

Didn't seem to take the expected step this year, but if he plays solid D, and flashes some meaness in front of his net, he'll contribute.

Oh well...drafts are seldom the place to go get happy.

Picking a McDavid or having three firsts might do it, but typically, the guys you know and want are snatched by another member of the herd.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Yes. It is. When my team drafts in a way that makes the improbable even less probable, it's disapointing to me. Maybe not to you, but it seems they could throw picks away and you'd be satisfied with it. Since, you know, they traded down from a position where a decent % of players are drafted to get an additional pick where its a crapshoot.

Welcome to HF lol

Speak for yourself. If I hadn't them play, I wouldn't comment, instead of cowardly bashing those that do and that happen to have an opinion.

Reactions: The Great Weise

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

How? 'Cause we have seen him play and don't like it? Hence an opinion on the subject? And preferred other players we have seen play? Hence the other part of our dissapointment. Hence the reason of a hockey forum?

Reactions: Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
How? 'Cause we have seen him play and don't like it? Hence an opinion on the subject? And preferred other players we have seen play? Hence the other part of our dissapointment. Hence the reason of a hockey forum?

It's always strange to me when people make that comment. Like, what kind of hockey fan would have sought out a forum called "hockeysfuture". Oh, I dont know, hmmmm, let me think about it. I wonder if any of them would have an interest in the draft.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Whitesnake

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yes. It is. When my team drafts in a way that makes the improbable even less probable, it's disapointing to me. Maybe not to you, but it seems they could throw picks away and you'd be satisfied with it. Since, you know, they traded down from a position where a decent % of players are drafted to get an additional pick where its a crapshoot.

Speak for yourself. If I hadn't them play, I wouldn't comment, instead of cowardly bashing those that do and that happen to have an opinion.

Should’ve used my words more carefully.....”most” have not seen him play, and that’s legit

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You can prefer another player you’ve seen sure, but habs have seen pretty much everyone play, including your preferred choice of player and decided to go for the player that plays in the Sault, which I’m guessing you don’t live there or have not seen many Greyhound games and if you did, did not pay close attention to him.

And I doubt you’ve spoken to his family, coaches, teachers, friends, teammates about the person in question.

Sure, prefer Jean Guy Bolduc who plays in the Q.......I’ll enjoy watching this player grow and hopefully one day be a hab

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'm in the Soo, and have seen him numerous times.

He leaves you wanting more, but if he had those attributes, he goes much earlier.

I wanted Kitch D man Vukojevic, because he looks like a guy that might help keep the crease clear. Went around 80th to NJ.

Didn't seem to take the expected step this year, but if he plays solid D, and flashes some meaness in front of his net, he'll contribute.

Oh well...drafts are seldom the place to go get happy.

Picking a McDavid or having three firsts might do it, but typically, the guys you know and want are snatched by another member of the herd.
Thanks for the report......I’m from Elliot Lake, close to you, love the Sault area. That stretch to Wawa is jaw dropping

Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You can prefer another player you’ve seen sure, but habs have seen pretty much everyone play, including your preferred choice of player and decided to go for the player that plays in the Sault, which I’m guessing you don’t live there or have not seen many Greyhound games and if you did, did not pay close attention to him.

And I doubt you’ve spoken to his family, coaches, teachers, friends, teammates about the person in question.

Sure, prefer Jean Guy Bolduc who plays in the Q.......I’ll enjoy watching this player grow and hopefully one day be a hab

Okay so now you go back to your favorite statement...professionals know best. Which obviously cannot be proven 'cause first, they still have a poorly rate success due to the nature of the beast. And nothing suggest that you could not take any amateur writing on this board and make them a scout. And no, I don't only prefer Q players, used to do my list every year, and most players I liked were not coming from the Q.

But in the end, no matter the access they have, they are mostly way more wrong than right. Something that was proven not that long ago when somebody took the Canucks drafting vs a system based on points only in all leagues, and that system won. Note that if your goal is to NOT have your favorite head scout of all time being bashed in Trevor Timmins, note that there are other scouting groups in this league that sucks terribly. Yet, they are still professionnal that do spoke to families, coaches, friends, teamates and everything else....

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Welcome to HF lol

Edit:most of us have not seen him play, don’t want to take away from the ones that have which I’m sure is at a minimum
As if the Soo were hard to catch, especially in the last years...

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
As if the Soo were hard to catch, especially in the last years...

Your a die hard, I know you are, and it wouldn’t t surprise me if you actually drove down to Ottawa to watch them, but to get a real pulse of the player, you gotta watch, and watch and watch and watch and then when you done watching, you gotta watch some more.

When watching the Soo, you tend to keep an eye on their top players, and the opposing top players, I don’t believe you paying too much attention to the player who could go in the 5th round, unless of course, you’re an actual scout following the team for a stretch.

Then there’s the whole meet the family and friends and ex coaches, and teachers etc etc etc.......

People’s selection on players for later rounds is really on a gut feel and from some clips they've seen, most certainly not in most cases a thorough break down of the player

Reactions: Vachon23

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006

They are reaches, plain and simple.

You have a Reach Guy you like better than the Reach Guy taken.

Hardly the stuff of stomach upset, IMO.

Reactions: jaffy27

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006

I didn't like the falling back stuff, either and have said the same thing you just did days ago.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
is there offensive potential there?

Brock had a good write up on him, I don't know much about him yet,

Prospect Info: - Montreal's OHL Prospect Review

his thoughts on LeGuerrier's offense,

What I am less sure of is his offensive potential. He showed flashes this year of being able to use his skating ability to skate the puck out of trouble and lead the rush. He also occasionally jumps up into the play and will look to get himself into scoring position. But turnovers can be an issue as he tries to escape the forecheck or extend rushes too deep. But he will get all the ice time he can handle next year in the Soo. He should receive powerplay time and will have a chance to have a major breakout, perhaps even in the 10+ goal, 30+ assist range.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
He was my third least favourite pick they made (after Ruscheinski and trading 50 away instead of taking Doro) but I hope I can be proven wrong. Just didn't see anything to get excited about with him.

Reactions: dcyhabs

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
It's always strange to me when people make that comment. Like, what kind of hockey fan would have sought out a forum called "hockeysfuture". Oh, I dont know, hmmmm, let me think about it. I wonder if any of them would have an interest in the draft.:rolleyes:

This used to be true 20 years ago but anyone looking for "hockey message board" will find this site as the first one that comes up in a google search. These boards are now populated primarily by the cattle that mindlessly graze in all sporting forums.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Still Vancouver and Toronto compared their teams’ drafting to drafting based on pure scoring stats and both found that pure scoring did better than their team of experts. In large part because the experts were ex-hockey players with few skills other than playing hockey and mocking people who had not played hockey. It’s an amazing achievement to play in the NHL but it does not provide judgement, analysis or anything else needed to coach, scout, or GM.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
is there offensive potential there?
A report said about him that he is able to carry the puck up ice and drive it to the net in every game they saw him play, but that he often prefers the simple plays, à la Shea Weber (not saying he's like him don't misinterpret). Scouts have said he has the speed to be able to do it, and that perhaps he will do it more as older players are gone and that now he will have more responsibilities.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
A report said about him that he is able to carry the puck up ice and drive it to the net in every game they saw him play, but that he often prefers the simple plays, à la Shea Weber (not saying he's like him don't misinterpret). Scouts have said he has the speed to be able to do it, and that perhaps he will do it more as older players are gone and that now he will have more responsibilities.

wow Shea Weber with speed!!!

Reactions: Monsieur Patate

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
So, has anyone seen Leguerrier play this season. Just wondering about icetime, how he's deployed (PP, PK)... thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad