WJC: 2018 WJC Quarter Finals Pre-Game Talk

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Well, maybe. But it's not like Finland's been dynamite. Their goaltending and offense has been mediocre. As for Czechs, goaltending has been a big issue and defense sub par.
Czech strength is offense while Finlands is defense. Should make for a close game overall I think.
yeah I actually like the Czech high end offensive talent (Necas, Zadina, Chytil) quite a bit more than Finland's. I wouldn't doubt the Czech's ability to put up 5 or 6 goals, but I could also see them allowing that many or more

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
yeah I actually like the Czech high end offensive talent (Necas, Zadina, Chytil) quite a bit more than Finland's. I wouldn't doubt the Czech's ability to put up 5 or 6 goals, but I could also see them allowing that many or more
I totally agree. They have to step up in the back end and also be more disciplined. But what's been really nice to see is their secondary scoring. The 3rd and 4th lines have really contributed well offensively. It's not just the Czech big 3 producing. That could very well be the difference tomorrow.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Canada 6-1 against the Swiss

Finland vs Czech could end up being the best matchup in the QF. The Czech’s offense against Finland’s D will be very interesting but I would put my money on Finland coming out on top 4-3 in OT

Slovakia vs Sweden. Slovakia isnt a pushover as we all saw in the preliminary rounds but Sweden’s talent will be simply too much 5-2 Sweden

USA vs Russia. I guess we can consider this an upset but I believe Russia will win in a close score 3-2

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Canada and Sweden are getting through, though Slovakia could be a tough out.

The Czechs will lose to the Finns, though Finland has been unimpressive so far and could stumble if their goaltending continues to be a weakness.

Russia vs USA could be an even matchup, but I predict the USA will come out on top.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Canada - Switzerland
Finland - Czech
Slovakia - Sweden
Usa - Russia

Canada - Finland
Russia
- Sweden

Russia - Finland
Good prediction Erik from Finland! No bias there at all. Russia and Finland are not that good in comparison to Canada, Sweden and USA. If Finland gets to the semi’s, I highly doubt they beat Canada.

Reactions: Wings4Life

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Russia vs Canada or USA vs Canada.

Would be happy with either of these.

sadpanda

May 19, 2016
Stockholm
Good prediction Erik from Finland! No bias there at all. Russia and Finland are not that good in comparison to Canada, Sweden and USA. If Finland gets to the semi’s, I highly doubt they beat Canada.

Lol so what. A man can dream. Not like it's outrageous. You think Canada has looked good? Wow so biased how dare you:sarcasm:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
You would think they would try to get the US and Canada games in the evening since they share time zones.

They're using 2 arenas, 1 that seats a lot and other is very tiny. Canada and USA are both obviously going to play in the big arena. They have the latest 2 games in that arena. The SWE/SVK game is in the small arena. They separate game times in the same arena by 4 hours. It's the best they could do.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Very tricky match-ups. Yet: The Swedes will take the cup first time since the good ol days of the Mika Zibanejad fluke. And that was the first days of 2012.

It is for Sverige to claim the junior throne again. Heja blågula drömmar!

Yes: Mark my words.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, USA, Sweden, and the Czechs will advance. We will have a Canada-USA final again. Hoping this time, the result will be on Canada's side in the Gold Medal Game.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Won't be able to see the game despite it taking place in North America. 2 PM MT start. Bummer.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
They're using 2 arenas, 1 that seats a lot and other is very tiny. Canada and USA are both obviously going to play in the big arena. They have the latest 2 games in that arena. The SWE/SVK game is in the small arena. They separate game times in the same arena by 4 hours. It's the best they could do.

Plus, the Canada game isn't expected to be close. If Switzerland were to win, it would be a huge upset. The US/Russia game should be a lot closer and therefore a better option for the primetime slot.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Quarters

Canada over Switzerland
Finland over Czech Republic
USA over Russia
Sweden over Slovakia

Semis

Sweden over USA
Canada over Finland

Bronze